Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum @ Railsim?

Default Forum @ Railsim?

Why was the forum at Railsimulator website closed down? Was it because they did not want have to answer any awkward questions about RW? Quite often threads were locked and posts deleted anyway, so maybe it was becoming somewhat pointless IMWO!

They have already advised there will be no forums for RW, all will be answered in the Wiki.

As I never could understand their forums, I doubt I will do any better with the Wiki.

Mike

They certainly do not have the touch it takes for community relationships. Maybe they should just hire a community manager...

Quote Originally Posted by KatoArabel View Post
    They certainly do not have the touch it takes for community relationships. Maybe they should just hire a community manager...
    There is an Obama guy that has Community Organizer experience. Perhaps he might consult.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSimpson View Post
    As I never could understand their forums, I doubt I will do any better with the Wiki.
    Mike
    Really a messy forum. Never understood how posts got mixed that way, i'm certainly not missing their forum. On the other hand their presence here is equal to zero, having seen some recent posts by Rsderek in UKTS.
    Sorry if i misspell. English is not my native language.

Just my speculation, not constrained by facts, but that the forums were taking up too much of the very small staff's time. If you want to develope new addons and enhancements for the product with five to seven people on board (I don't know this is all they have, just going on what I have heard elsewhere??), then they will have to spend more time in designing and building those products, and less in monitoring and replying to forums, particularly stuff like "I have a 80486 computer with a built in video card, RW won't run, what should I do?".

Default Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    There is an Obama guy that has Community Organizer experience. Perhaps he might consult.
    Obama would just blame all this on Bush and apologize, for "all" Americans, for having different types of railroads that those in Europe. It is our fault after all.

The English invented the railway engine, so they are right, you are wrong, so there :-)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Thats just what we need,the blind leading the blind.

Quote Originally Posted by livercup View Post
    Obama would just blame all this on Bush and apologize, for "all" Americans, for having different types of railroads that those in Europe. It is our fault after all.

Please keep Politics out of this forum or your post will be editted
    Work Safe play hard