Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RailWorks F2 save and continue fails to save completed tasks

Default RailWorks F2 save and continue fails to save completed tasks

When using the F2 save progress in a scenario, and several tasks have been completed as shown on the F1 tasks completed screen, when restarting the scenario using the "CONTINUE" option, all previous completed tasks are lost and all tasks show the "X" indicating they have not been completed.

This is yet another serious flaw in the F2 save and continue feature. It makes the development and testing of scenarios extremely difficult.

Please RailSimulator.com, fix the problems with the F2 save and continue features. These are basic features that, unless fixed, discourages anyone from deveoping scenarios.

As a software developer myself, I would encourage you to make this a high priority. The cosmetic changes can wait until basic features in use everyday are fixed.

Richard S. Carter, Ph.D.
    [email protected]
    Last edited by rscarter; 06-23-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

You should email this to the developers so they can fix it - [email protected] .
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Where is the CONTINUE function located? I have attempted to save several partly completed scenarios but never saw the button for returning to the scene, as we had on RS.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by madoke View Post
    Where is the CONTINUE function located? I have attempted to save several partly completed scenarios but never saw the button for returning to the scene, as we had on RS.

Doug
    It's between the "Edit" and "Play" buttons on the bottom, on the screen where you select the scenario.

Interesting that when I tried the save yesterday, the "continue" button did not appear between the edit and Play buttons. It was grayed out. I just saved again in the Bazza scenario and again it didn't appear. I drove a little and saved again and, voilla!, there it was. Like the reverser that often has to be hit several times to move where you want it to, the save process seems to also need several hits now and then. Kind of like the old days when we kicked the TV to get it to work now and then.

Doug

I noticed if you enter the world editor in a scenario, it will wipe out your saved progress, so everytime you enter the editor make sure you hit F2 again when you come out of it.

Default Augut 10,2009 update still doesn't fix CONTINUE problem with markers

Despite others reporting this problem during the first week after the release of the RailWorks product, the developers still have not addressed this problem.n

If you use scenario defined markers, and then save the progress with F2, and then attempt to restart the scenario with the CONTINUE feature, it fails.

How is it that a BASIC feature of this program still does not work?

Quote Originally Posted by rscarter View Post
    Despite others reporting this problem during the first week after the release of the RailWorks product, the developers still have not addressed this problem.n

If you use scenario defined markers, and then save the progress with F2, and then attempt to restart the scenario with the CONTINUE feature, it fails.

How is it that a BASIC feature of this program still does not work?
    Have you told them about this?? How do you know others have reported this? No good moaning here if you haven't done anything about it yourself. Address earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by Basherz; 08-11-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Chris

Hi Richard,

Your email prevented response, but you have been spotted here.

The latest version of RailWorks (v97.3a) includes updates to the Scenario Marker system.

Can you please confirm you are still having problems with this system. If so, can you please email [email protected] a scenario you have created which is suffering the problem. Ideally this scenario should be on a default route using only default stock (This is purely to ensure ease of testing at our end).

Also please check your email so that we can respond to you.

Cheers

Angry That's Good

I though it it was something that I was doing wrong. I'm having the same problem. I've tried to make a scenario about 50 times and so far I've only manage to get it to save the name, and I've tried to save from the f2 and the orange arrow at the bottom. Nothing seem to work very well. At least It's not all me now.