Thread: Set Destination - 2D Map

Question Set Destination - 2D Map

The Wiki speaks of using the Set Destination icon in the 2D map. I don't think I have that icon?

Wiki
    Destination Property

To set the destination:

1. Click the Set Destination icon in the Scenario properties.

2. Select a valid destination in the world editor. A valid destination can be a platform marker, a siding marker, a destination marker or a portal.

Alternatively you can open the 2D map by pressing 9, then press the Set Destination icon and select a location on the 2D map.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

I usually go to the upper compass tab, there is an arrow to the left of the compass that activates the 2d map.

Quote Originally Posted by BN1970 View Post
    I usually go to the upper compass tab, there is an arrow to the left of the compass that activates the 2d map.
    I used that method but still did not see the Destination Icon mentioned in the Wiki.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Ah...I might have misunderstood you. The only thing I know of is the 'set destination' icon when you doubleclick the DRIVER icon on your player train. It's located to the left of the final destination box. I tried it on one of my scenarios and pressed the '9' key; it went to the 2D map and I then clicked the 'set destination' icon and clicked on a destination marker in the 2D map. Wondering if the wiki is really talking about the Driver properties box?
    Last edited by BN1970; 06-24-2009 at 10:07 PM.

I rather think that the icon may have been overlooked somewhere during the initial development. Perhaps the documentation was written from the specifications and not from actual testing. I am sure that the Rail Works team will deal with this. They have already made several changes to the Wiki (documents) already.
    Regards - Dick

deleted.
    Last edited by Charles_Cornwallis; 07-01-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Otto knows everything about eveything

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Cornwallis View Post
    The DRIVER ICON on top of the loco is where you set your final destination.

Double click it to open the fly out on right of screen. Pin the flyout so you can see it at all times.

Open the 2D Map, navigate to where you want your final destination to be.

Zoom map in to make clicking siding or platform or destination marker easier.

Click the final destination symbol in the flyout.

Click the siding, platform or destination marker that you want to finish the scenario at.

Close the map, close the flyout, save ( F2 ).
    Very good - that solves two problems. There is no special icon on the map but they are referring to existing named locations. Also, I was going to fire off a message complaining about setting the Destination for an engine. If it was 50 miles away from the engine that was a pain to slew/fly to. Now I know I just have to zoom in on the 2D map and select the proper location. Nice!
    Regards - Dick

deleted.
    Last edited by Charles_Cornwallis; 07-01-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Otto knows everything about eveything

Hi Dick !

I first set my Destination/Portals markers for the end of AI services in the World editor, having set the monitor fly-out on the right to show them and then make a note of their co-ordinates.

Moving into the trains editor I then select the loco of a to be AI service and pin it's driver pull-out on the right to stop it disappearing. If it is a Standard Scenario AI service then make sure that the Player box is unticked.

In the GPS pull-down I then enter the co-ordinates of the marker I want this service to end at and jump to it, showing the marker to be used.

In the driver pull out click on the Set Destination blue cube and click on the marker's stem which will make it's name appear in the destination box below the blue cube.

Click somewhere in an empty part of the scenario window and F2 SAVE.

AI services in Freeroam scenarios can be created by simply moving to an end marker and after clicking on the blue cube and selecting the marker, it's name appearing in the destination box, F2 saving will create it.

Not sure whether the latter is still possible in RW ?

What you post WIKI says on the subject relates to RW and until I get my copy can not check what can now be done in the #9-Map. Can anybody who has it confirm that there is such an Icon in the #9-Map which lets you assign a destination to a player or AI service loco driver or stop-at-destination gizmo.

O t t o
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 07-01-2009 at 12:32 PM.