Thread: accumulating scenario markers

Default accumulating scenario markers

Seems like RS and RW never forget a scenario marker that I have placed, when creating a new scenario.

I go into perhaps a freeroam scenario, get into scenario edit mode, and I'll see 4 or 5 old scenario markers from other scenarios I've created.

The old markers can't be deleted. I can't figure out how to, if they can.

any ideas on this?

Default Delete the scenario, get rid of the marker

Easiest way is to fire up the game and go to the route selection menu, select the route, then click "scenarios". Look at the list of scenarios, you'll have half a dozen or so that say "<supply name>". Select one, hit the DELETE key on the keyboard, all gone. Repeat until you got them all. Got one you're not sure of (like you labeled a few and can't remember the names) go in the scenario editor and get close to the marker, doubleclick on it, and read the name in the right side flyout. Exit to the route menu, click scenarios, look for that one in the list. Note you have to be in the Scenario Editor (VCR player showing) rather than the World Editor, if you doubleclick on a marker in the World Editor it just tells you it's a scenario marker, which you already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by gwgardner View Post
    Seems like RS and RW never forget a scenario marker that I have placed, when creating a new scenario.

I go into perhaps a freeroam scenario, get into scenario edit mode, and I'll see 4 or 5 old scenario markers from other scenarios I've created.

The old markers can't be deleted. I can't figure out how to, if they can.
    Strange !

Every scenario marker usually refers to a different geographical location, unless you have created different ones in the some location.

If these old scenarios markers and their scenarios are obsolete then they can be deleted like Jim says.

If not then lowering them out of sight with their Gizmos is an option.

O t t o

Default How do you delete the alzheimers?

Senility again, Otto;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=264019

Think back hard, when RS first came out there was no option to delete routes and/or scenarios from the ingame menu, and we often got a dozen orphaned scenario markers having a marker convention until we deleted scenarios.bin and the scenarios folder to start over. Think it was mark 1 fixed that, go in thru the routes - scenarios menu, select the little culprits one at a time and hit the delete key.

I think you misunderstood what I am saying.

In RS a route's Scenarios.bin records all scenario markers which have been created for it's various scenarios in <Gizmo paragraphs for each scenario:

recording their positions in these <TileCoordinate - <Distance parameters:

If these various Gizmos are in the same area then all will show in the scenario editors. They can not be removed unless the scenarios they belong to are deleted.

In most routes, scenarios start in various locations and their Gizmos would not be on the same tile.

It is the same with markers, such as platform, sidings, destination, portals and area, which having been recorded it a route's Tracks.bin <Network-cTrackMarkerComponent paragraphs will show in all scenarios of that route.

None of the above do any harm if left as they are, only being visible in the scenario editors, ready to be used for pathing player and AI services.

O t t o
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question Ain't that what I said?

Must be my Chicago accent confusing you, that's what I said, delete the scenarios and get rid of the markers.

AAAK, I got a twitchy finger and added too many scenario markers!

Get up close and personal with one in the scenario editor and doubleclick on it, find out what the name is.

This is the part that was missing before the mark 1 patch, select in the scenarios menu and hit the delete key, scenarios gone;

All the unwanted markers gone too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.3 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (62.3 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (56.4 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (46.5 KB, 67 views)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    This is the part that was missing before the mark 1 patch, select in the scenarios menu and hit the delete key, scenarios gone and all their unwanted markers gone too.
    Yes, that is correct, if in fact they are unwanted scenarios !

O t t o

I don't know, you guys seem to know what you're talking about, but I still see lots of old scenario markers, and I have no other uncompleted, no-name scenarios in the folder. RW_Tools doesn't show any, and neither do any appear in RW.

It's no big deal, so long as the scenario editor somehow knows which one to actually use, which it seems is always the last one placed.

It's just annoying that they can't be deleted by simply selecting and hitting the delete key.

However, if the developers would go ahead and fix the dispatcher/AI problems in RW, I'll gladly live with a few extra scenario markers.

Quote Originally Posted by gwgardner View Post
    I don't know, you guys seem to know what you're talking about, but I still see lots of old scenario markers, and I have no other uncompleted, no-name scenarios in the folder. RW_Tools doesn't show any, and neither do any appear in RW.
    So this is a route you have created in RW and there is only one Scenarios folder in it's RailWorks\Content\Routes\Your-Route folder ?

If that is the case then can you rename it's ScenarioProperties.xml to ScenarioProperties.txt and attach it to your next message ?

O t t o