Default BSB Otto / CSX freeroam Scenarios in RW

Hi Otto,

need your help! I get the same error in both scenarios:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Consist builder - Can't load rail vehicle - Union Pacific ES44AC
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Hi Otto, need your help! I get the same error in both scenarios: "Consist builder - Can't load rail vehicle - Union Pacific ES44AC".
    What are you trying to do in which "Consist builder" ?

All the locos you have got installed and their folders have been "Object Filtered" to in a route can be used in any consist to be created.

O t t o

Just f y i.. I ran into the same thing Otto.. What I ended up doing was going into the editor and giving the opening screen ESC44AC a destination (it didn't have one). Once I did that CSX works just fine. I'm not sure if I should have done that, but it works.

Default To select a destination

Quote Originally Posted by Steamman View Post
    Just f y i.. I ran into the same thing Otto.. What I ended up doing was going into the editor and giving the opening screen ESC44AC a destination (it didn't have one). Once I did that CSX works just fine. I'm not sure if I should have done that, but it works.
    How can I select a destination?

Dieter

Actually that was my bad.. I got the two routes mixed up. it was Otto's Barstow-San Bernadino I had to do that with, not CSX..

But anyway to select a destination for a train/engine....
    Go into the 'edit' mode rather than 'play' for the route. Then double click on the driver icon for the engine you want. Then bring up the 2D map. Then hover your mouse over the upper right hand corner, that will bring up the driver info box. Click on the 'destination' icon in the driver box (second icon from the top.. [the arrow]). then on the 2D map click on the siding or platform you want as a destination for that train, and the destination should print up in the destination box. Then just save it all, and you're done.

If you give a Freeroam scenario loco a destination then it becomes an AI service and will start running as soon as the scenario starts !

To make it a Player service all that is required is to give it the DRIVER Gizmo.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    How can I select a destination?
    This will explain it all: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...light=freeroam

But before getting the benefit of that you have to place Player Services and loose consists into these locations.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    If you give a Freeroam scenario loco a destination then it becomes an AI service and will start running as soon as the scenario starts !

To make it a Player service all that is required is to give it the DRIVER Gizmo.

O t t o
    Yeah I know. But for what ever the reason I had the same problem as alphaOne. That was the work around I came up with. It doesn't go far, I just found the closest siding I could find and stuck it in there so it can sit there and look purdy.

Yeah I know. But for what ever the reason I had the same problem as alphaOne.
    Which is doing what where and when ?

O t t o

Otto, I just downloaded the RW version of the route and had the same problem as reported above. Upon opening the freeroam scenario and clicking on the engine I want to drive, the route crashes. I played around with the various items mentioned above with no relief, so I tried removing the driver from one of the engines, and then applied a new driver, saved, and magically the problem went away. Don't have any idea why this works or what it fixed, but that seemed to be the issue. Easy fix if this is all there is.

Doug