Thread: Procedural Vegetation Beyond Its Texture

Question Procedural Vegetation Beyond Its Texture

On my system procedural grass seems to extend beyond the texture. Once it is in place I can Ctrl-Z but only the texture is removed. To erase the excess grass I have to lay down a different texture. Any way to insure the grass does not go beyond the texture?
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    On my system procedural grass seems to extend beyond the texture. Once it is in place I can Ctrl-Z but only the texture is removed. To erase the excess grass I have to lay down a different texture. Any way to insure the grass does not go beyond the texture?
    Not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do ?

I paint an either square or circle patch of a certain size onto the terrain and find that I have to hold down the left mouse button for all to be painted.

Using the Delete function it either deletes all of the placed patch or sometimes leaves some of it behind.

After saving the changes, exiting the editor and the route and going back into it's World editor all of the deleted patch has disappeared, but can not remember for sure whether it did that every time.

O t t o

Default Etch-A-Sketch

Think everyone in here is old enough to remember those! Railsim does the same thing, the minimum paint size is 8 meter square blocks, and the procedural flora does indeed appear outside the area you're trying to paint. In other words it's a lot like trying to draw a curvy woman with an Etch-A-Sketch, you're gonna get zigzag lines that wander all over creation. Probably how Picasso got started. No real solution for it, and it's not really something they can fix, it's as precise as possible within the limitations of computer technology - gotta remember it's all ones and zeros, computers can NOT draw curves, the best they can do is fake curves with real short straight lines.

Best technique is to spray the flora, then reduce the brush size and spray gravel or something like grass without flora close to the tracks, widening it out until the weeds disappear from the area you want to defoliate. And it do indeed get maddening at times when you sweep in ever widening strokes and the blasted things just won't go away, then suddenly a 20 acre patch looks like it got bombed with Agent Orange. Takes some practice and fiddling, experiment with setting brush falloff to numbers like 0.3 for better blending. Kinda like learning to paint with an airbrush, thin the paint down to where it looks like water and it still clogs the nozzle, finally get it to spray and you get drips and sags and runs all over the model. Then you turn around and discover you painted one of your kids Tuscan Red.

I sent this as a problem to Rail Simulation.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.