Thread: Need guinea pigs...

Default Need guinea pigs...

Good day,

I have a scenario which is freezing RW outside of Didcot 5, sorry it is a British route on the Oxford to Paddington Line. The crash is usually proceeded by a single yellow light followed by a red, which changes to green on approach. However upon passing my game freezes and has to be killed via ctrl-alt-delete.

I've completely re-installed RW with no 3rd party additions and yet get the same problem. Also had this issue before the 15th July patch...

The file is here http://www.humyo.com/F/9519985-859734981

Any feedback would be helpful!

Matt

No problem here, Matt.

Having installed this RWP with the Packager Manager Install option and running it, below shows that it works.

What are these things falling from the sky ?

O t t o

P.S.: Is this a MOVED into RW copy of the RS version or is it the RW version as installed and updated with the 2 patches ?

Ran the scenario with the trains editor's video player and had no problems all the way to it's destination. Has realistic AI traffic density on the way to Didcot, but could do with some more from there to Reading and it's destination.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 07-17-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Default The guinea pig

Got as far as 1 mile before Didcot turnout to the right. Was lousy weather anyway. Logmate gave me this: ASSERT(mStartPos.isNearCurrentOrigin());

cCurveStraight::setTangent()

C:\dev\RailSim\Code\CoreLibrary\cCurveStraight.cpp : 367
    Assertion failed

ASSERT(mStartPos.isNearCurrentOrigin());

cCurveStraight::setPosition()

C:\dev\RailSim\Code\CoreLibrary\cCurveStraight.cpp : 354
    Verify failed:

C:\dev\RailSim\Code\DLLs\NetworkManager\cTrackMark erComponent.cpp : 891

Expression: it != hitlist.end()

Didn't find property's ribbon when finding platform. Shouldn't happen. Bailing

When the signal was red I did hit tab to see if it would let me pass. When passing it everything froze

Dick

Thanks Otto! All the feedback is very much appreciated, and as for the snow (and the large chunks of what maybe dandruff lol), well nice dark and gloomy cold weather is a nice thing in Summer .

It was made in RW, but gave me no end of issues around Didcot which is why I have not completed it yet, and I am getting confirmations here and elsewhere of the same crashing issue, so I hope RSC will take a further look into this as I did send it in and they had it run fine right up to Twyford. Oh and no 3rd party rolling stock is involved.

Thanks for the screenshots and feedback, so once it does get fixed I can complete the darn thing lol.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    No problem here, Matt.

Having installed this RWP with the Packager Manager Install option and running it, below shows that it works.

What are these things falling from the sky ?

O t t o

P.S.: Is this a MOVED into RW copy of the RS version or is it the RW version as installed and updated with the 2 patches ?

Ran the scenario with the trains editor's video player and had no problems all the way to it's destination. Has realistic AI traffic density on the way to Didcot, but could do with some more from there to Reading and it's destination.

Hi Matt !

Test-drove your scenario all the way to Didcot and had no problems, stopping at all stations on the way and setting down and picking up passenger with T, slowing down at YELLOW signals and by the time I got to the next signal it has changed to GREEN.

Mind you, watching the disembarking passengers appear 3 feet away from the open doors and boarding ones disappear 3 feet away from them is funny !

So it's snow that is falling ? You are right, it looks more like dandruff or confetti at a wedding.

It's a good start and am looking forward to the action right up to it's destination where the train reverses into a siding. Don't spare AI services if RW can cope with them !

Take care, O t t o.

Hmmm, you and RSC got it working, me and a few others not. Wtf? LOL.

I'll work more on it, probably something small and then I will hit it hard with AI services until it bleats like a Sheep being chased by a rabid squad of erm, fill in the blanks hehe.

Matt
    PS Sometime after this I'll start a new what-if passenger route from San Diego to Riverside CA. May need to split it up, but sure wish this service existed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTux View Post
    Hmmm, you and RSC got it working, me and a few others not. Wtf? LOL.

I'll work more on it, probably something small and then I will hit it hard with AI services until it bleats like a Sheep being chased by a rabid squad of erm, fill in the blanks hehe.
    This KRS Rail Simulator has been worked on first by RSDL and now RS.com, calling it Railworks and things seem to have gone from bad to worse with signaling and AI services.

Unless we all have the same RW assets and updates to them and other files it is difficult to find out why something works with one user and not with another.

I got the same problem testing a RW B-SB scenario which runs alright in it's creator's RW but not in mine, nothing being reported missing by RW-Tools !

O t t o

Default This time lucky

Just ran it again and kept my fingers of Tab keys. Made it to Maidenhead 5 by 8 am.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchman45 View Post
    Just ran it again and kept my fingers of Tab keys. Made it to Maidenhead 5 by 8 am.
    There you go.

With British Railways or First Great Western now, you got to drive trains according to the rules.

Take care, O t t o.

The answer was definitely the use of SPAD to get past those reds! Thank you all so much for testing this, and I'll be sure to finish soon .

And I shall think of something novel and workable to slow you all down a bit

Matt