Thread: "Stop at Instruction" with destination markers

Default "Stop at Instruction" with destination markers

Good day,

Anyone here manage to successfully save and use a destination marker with the stop at instruction? So far my attempts have been futile, when first setting them everything looks good even the time is right, but after saving and re-entering the scenario I get an error stating that there is a missing marker.

I've tried F2 save and save and continue, still not working.

Just wondering if anyone has figured a fix or workaround?

Matt

Have a look here - http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=306&t=96364

While not perfect it shows it can be done though it means you need to plan your scenario a bit more before you start.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Scarlet View Post
    Have a look here - http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=306&t=96364

While not perfect it shows it can be done though it means you need to plan your scenario a bit more before you start.

John
    Thanks John,, that advice has worked so far...Managed to setup the 'stop at' after removing all rolling stock and services. Talk about a pain lol.

I do hope RS.com consider having to do this a bug that needs to be addressed, because how many times during making of a scenario do you get new ideas?

Many thanks,

Matt
    PS I still sent the scenario with the error into RS.com, perhaps its something quite easily fixed so when we get ideas during a scenario we don't have to restart from scratch each time.
    Last edited by SuperTux; 07-20-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTux View Post
    Thanks John,, that advice has worked so far...Managed to setup the 'stop at' after removing all rolling stock and services. Talk about a pain lol.

I do hope RS.com consider having to do this a bug that needs to be addressed, because how many times during making of a scenario do you get new ideas?

Many thanks,

Matt
    I am not exactly sure about this but it may be that you only need to do that at the beginning ie place a marker before the locos etc confirm that it has saved properly and then you can place the locos and consists and instructions and if needed add more markers later.

John
    Last edited by Capt_Scarlet; 07-20-2009 at 05:46 PM.

I am not exactly sure about this but it may be that you only need to do that at the beginning ie place a marker before the locos etc confirm that it has saved properly and then you can place the locos and consists and instructions and if needed add more markers later.

John
    I can test that! Which I just did, added another destination marker, saved and re-edited the scenario, selected the second marker with a "stop at" then saved out, finally started the scenario with no errors, so I assume its now working.

Going to have to mandate that anyone who makes a scenario place a marker down even if they intend to not use it at all (never know when you will get an idea which may use them) at least that will save grief.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTux View Post
    I can test that! Which I just did, added another destination marker, saved and re-edited the scenario, selected the second marker with a "stop at" then saved out, finally started the scenario with no errors, so I assume its now working.

Going to have to mandate that anyone who makes a scenario place a marker down even if they intend to not use it at all (never know when you will get an idea which may use them) at least that will save grief.

Matt
    It is good to know that worked.

John

It is good to know that worked.

John
    Indeed, but quite by accident I left one AI service running and it saved, so I re-installed my scenario that had the error and just took out the player service and repeated what was done earlier and it saved the marker fine.

So there should be no need to remove anything else apart from the players train.

Of course when starting a new scenario laying down a marker before setting up the players train will be the best thing to do.

Matt