Thread: How to get rid of this?

Default How to get rid of this?

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that rediculous sound "dome" indicator whatever it's called that has to be manually turned off using the display icon every time I try to edit a scenario?

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_K View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that ridiculous sound "dome" indicator whatever it's called that has to be manually turned off using the display icon every time I try to edit a scenario?
    I have asked many times for it not to be shown by default whenever entering a scenario editor and have to un-tick it's option in the bottom right box of the monitor icon's display so that I can still see what else I need to have displayed.

No comment, O t t o.

It is possible to simply eliminate all sound "domes" by editing a route--of course, then you won't have any sound!

Doesn't the Display icon (top left) allow turning off the dome in the right hand flyout?
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Doesn't the Display icon (top left) allow turning off the dome in the right hand flyout?
    Yes it does. However turning it off doesn't "stick".

Next time you open the scenario editor the dome is back again. I was hoping for a way to turn the dome off so that it doesn't return with each scenario edit.

Rich K

Cool Dugan's Dynamite?

Pretty sure it's in the \Rail Simulator\Content\PlayerProfiles.bin file, odd part is it saves assorted preferences but no display filter that I can find. To trick the little beastie, try;

1. Set to run in a window.
    2. Click Free Play for any route.
    3. Click the globe icon to enter the World Editor.
    4. Select display filter, turn sound regions OFF.
    5. Click the X in the upper right corner of the window to shut down the game, don't give the little culprit a chance to reset it on.

That works for me in railsim, after doing that the sound regions are hidden by default. One oddball;

Angel Falls in game, enter the World Editor;

Unlike vampires, sound regions DO reflect, even when they're hidden!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (55.0 KB, 104 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.9 KB, 103 views)
    Last edited by sniper297; 07-21-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Thank you Mr. Sniper! Worked like a charm!

Rich K

I would agree that any and all settings change in the display icon should be saved until changed again, NOT default to all checked every time you go into the editor. It is a MAJOR pain in the butt!

Talking Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Funny part is it saves your settings for track rule, gradient, and assorted other things, along with paint and terrain brush settings, dunno why it wouldn't save the display filter. Did you try the steps in my previous post? That's why I couldn't figure out for the longest time why others had the problem, for me it worked because I often save the route then just click on the X to shut down the game without going into drive mode. In order to get the sound regions to display by default I have to do the same thing in reverse, possibly that's the answer to the markers not showing up as well.

Rich, de nada, but next time you drive on Bill Burnett's MSTS Sea View route, don't forget to leave a coconut offering at the base of my idol.