Thread: Lost Track?

Question Lost Track?

I had a large section of visual track disappear. I can run a train over the invisible track. I can't see it even when raised. The top left icon that gives you the track rule associated with the track does not recognize the track. I tried various track rules but no change??? The only thing I can get is the red track selected outline.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Try lowering that terrain there with Snap to Track or by itself.

O t t o

No there is definitely a bug where sections of laid track become invisible. I have had it usually occur when laying, sometimes the entire section is invisible, sometimes becomes invisible half way along its length. However you can still select the full outline.

Was discussing this on UKTS the other day and one theory is that it occurs after using the undo button but I've had it occur without that too.

Deleting the piece of track and trying to extrude another section doesn't work as it generates the same problem. The only workround I've found is to try and attach a piece of track from the other end and see if that works.

Thanks for the add a piece of track tip. However, did not restore the track visually. So just deleted all of the none visual track and relaid. Rail Works still looks nice.

=============================
    After deletion I still had the trackbed so I laid the new few miles on top of it. It was uneven and on a grade. Did it bit was time consuming. Probably somewhat realistic since it would have taken many of the steps in a real situation that I did quickly with a computer. Actually, instead of looking for one button to fix it at one go the process showed how difficult it is to lay track in the real world.
    Last edited by boleyd; 07-27-2009 at 08:28 AM.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.