Thread: Odd signal behaviour after each editing session (with video)

Default Odd signal behaviour after each editing session (with video)

Im creating a long scenario for the class 60. It starts with you having to take the freight out onto the slow lines (eventually you get routed about a bit around the traffic) but one thing always happens without fail. I noticed I could never get the very first signal to give me a green light despite the AI traffic clearing it, you would have to TAB past it which just seemed daft. Then I decided in one session to finish some scenario editing, replay the route, let the AI traffic clear the Junction, quit and replay the scenario and low and behold it works.

It seems to happen though every time I do any editing at all.. Heres the whole sequence when I left fraps running though fraps seems to have made it a little juddery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-NRgo6Qigo

Well done video this, Danny !

Looking better than the FRAPS ones I can create and show on my computer. What hardware and graphics card are you using ?

I did a lot of testing with a Standard scenario in the IOW, I have posted about a few days ago and just can not get the signals show what they are supposed to.

After your player's signal has eventually changed to GREEN does the player passing it then turn it to RED ?

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Well done video this, Danny !

Looking better than the FRAPS ones I can create and show on my computer. What hardware and graphics card are you using ?

I did a lot of testing with a Standard scenario in the IOW, I have posted about a few days ago and just can not get the signals show what they are supposed to.

After your player's signal has eventually changed to GREEN does the player passing it then turn it to RED ?

O t t o
    Yes it turns to red on passing.. equipment is shown in sig..

Default Good work!

That is indeed a terrific video, since it completely demonstrates the situation. If you haven't done so already, may I suggest that you send a link to the video and a thorough description of the situation to [email protected]? Maybe you'll get some good ideas from other forum members, but this is the kind of thing that the RailSim folks need to see and read. Again, nice work!

Tom Pallen

Apparantly its not a bug..Or not quite, its more a quirk..

It is essential that you exit the editor when you finish any editing and then restart twice .. Its due to the signals having two sets of luas (at this point I got a little confused)

so heres a link

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=314&t=97295