Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: Future Steam Update Wishlist

  1. #1
    Driverman2008 Guest

    Default Future Steam Update Wishlist

    Here are some of the fixes I'd like to see:
    *Glowing headlights (one thing we all want for sure).
    *Working bells for the F7s and SD40-2s.
    *A North American ALERTER system for the SD40-2s and ES44ACs.
    *Controlable steam effects on steam locomotives from the whistle, cylinder cocks, and safety valves like in MSTS.
    *Removal of all the "Floating" scenery objects on all the routes.
    *Boiler water readings change according to elevation on steam locomotives like in MSTS.
    *Fixed automobile AI that don't "Vanish" and "Appear" out of no where.
    *Fixed automobile AI that will stop at railroad crossings appropriatly.
    *Fixed railroad crossing gates and lights that animate when trains pass by and go away at the right times.
    *Union Pacific SD40-2s with correct external looks like headlights in between the number boards and no AC box on the cab roof.
    *Fix on the numbering option so you can give your locomotive or car any character you want regardless of number of digits and lettering.
    *A customizable nameplate option for locomotives and cars.
    *Real GE ES44AC sounds for the ES44ACs.
    *Working computers on the ES44ACs that will show you amperage, RPMs, fuel level, brake pressure, penalty brake, alerter, throttle settings, dynamic brake settings, and reverser settings.

    *Realistic loading and unloading of passengers at stations.
    *A visible and animated fireman in the cabs of steam locomotives.
    *Working water glasses for Invincible in the Isle of Wight addon.
    *Driver, fireman, and control synchronization in external views (controls should not only move in the cab view, but in external views when looking at the cab as well).

    *An option to add or remove the crew from locomotives.
    *Variable flame intensity with steam locomotives based on air, draft, and fuel settings.

    That's all for now. I'll come up with more later.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Smithsburg, MD. USA.
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    I would like to add Two more to that list.

    *Trailing Unit Sounds
    *Super Elevated Curves
    Tom

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    Here are some of the fixes I'd like to see:
    *Glowing headlights (one thing we all want for sure).
    *Working bells for the F7s and SD40-2s.
    *A North American ALERTER system for the SD40-2s and ES44ACs.
    *Controlable steam effects on steam locomotives from the whistle, cylinder cocks, and safety valves like in MSTS.
    *Removal of all the "Floating" scenery objects on all the routes.
    *Boiler water readings change according to elevation on steam locomotives like in MSTS.
    *Fixed automobile AI that don't "Vanish" and "Appear" out of no where.
    *Fixed automobile AI that will stop at railroad crossings appropriatly.

    *Fixed railroad crossing gates and lights that animate when trains pass by and go away at the right times.
    *Union Pacific SD40-2s with correct external looks like headlights in between the number boards and no AC box on the cab roof.
    *Fix on the numbering option so you can give your locomotive or car any character you want regardless of number of digits and lettering.
    *A customizable nameplate option for locomotives and cars.
    *Real GE ES44AC sounds for the ES44ACs.
    *Working computers on the ES44ACs that will show you amperage, RPMs, fuel level, brake pressure, penalty brake, alerter, throttle settings, dynamic brake settings, and reverser settings.

    *Realistic loading and unloading of passengers at stations.
    *A visible and animated fireman in the cabs of steam locomotives.
    *Working water glasses for Invincible in the Isle of Wight addon.
    *Driver, fireman, and control synchronization in external views (controls should not only move in the cab view, but in external views when looking at the cab as well).


    *An option to add or remove the crew from locomotives.
    *Variable flame intensity with steam locomotives based on air, draft, and fuel settings.

    That's all for now. I'll come up with more later.

    The bolded parts are insanity. I know it's a wish list but at this stage of the game a wish list should be at least the basic fundamentals and not more eye candy.

  4. #4

    Default

    Getting all this soon is as unlikely as the recession coming to an end this year !

    And you haven't even mentioned properly working signals, AI services and markers for, which are more important.

    O t t o

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Penrith, Australia.
    Posts
    2,994

    Default

    You can already remove drivers and firemen from locos (and passengers from carriages in yards) if you have RW_Tools.

    On top of which you can add conductors to locos, remove smoke etc to produce dead locos.

    Mike

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Smithsburg, MD. USA.
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    The bolded parts are insanity. I know it's a wish list but at this stage of the game a wish list should be at least the basic fundamentals and not more eye candy.
    *Fixed automobile AI that don't "Vanish" and "Appear" out of no where.
    *Fixed automobile AI that will stop at railroad crossings appropriatly.
    *Fixed railroad crossing gates and lights that animate when trains pass by and go away at the right times.

    These Three that you have bold should be fixed. This has been asked to be fix Two years ago.
    Tom

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomkat41 View Post
    *Fixed automobile AI that don't "Vanish" and "Appear" out of no where.
    *Fixed automobile AI that will stop at railroad crossings appropriatly.
    *Fixed railroad crossing gates and lights that animate when trains pass by and go away at the right times.

    These Three that you have bold should be fixed. This has been asked to be fix Two years ago.
    Just saying, in the overall scheme of things, does this really matter much?

  8. #8
    Driverman2008 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    The bolded parts are insanity. I know it's a wish list but at this stage of the game a wish list should be at least the basic fundamentals and not more eye candy.
    Who says it can't be achieved? Anything is possible with this. It's 2009 now, there are A LOT of things possible that can be fixed and done with computer games. I do know the developers CAN get those things done if they put the heart, research, and time into it.

    Oh I'd also like to see this:
    *The 7F cabview from Rail Simulator for the 7Fs. In Railworks, it's cocked far right and/or far left to the point where you can't read the water glasses.
    Last edited by Driverman2008; 07-29-2009 at 06:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    One thing I do wish.

    * When running in windowed mode make it so the sound isn't muted if you jump to another window (browser etc).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    Who says it can't be achieved? Anything is possible with this. It's 2009 now, there are A LOT of things possible that can be fixed and done with computer games. I do know the developers CAN get those things done if they put the heart, research, and time into it.
    I don't think they mean that, just want to see the basic core fixed/improved before adding more potential code to the mix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •