Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Future Steam Update Wishlist

I've just started playing with TS2015, but have been a flight simmer for over 30 years.
    So my perspective is what about physical controls.

I would like to see:
    something like FSUIPC for flight simulator that would allow the use of lever controls to input the key commands for Throttle, Direction, and brakes

implementation of head tracking

My 2 cents.

Here's my 5 cents worth.

1> I'd like to see a few things added to the consist editor. Like in conbuilder so you can filter for freight,passenger, steam, diesel or electric. In TS2015 they could also add a filter for country as well. Also needs a wagon counter so you know how many you are adding.

2> Player ability to control engine lights individually from the cab of each loco in a consist.

3> For them to employ someone who can do the correct sounds & physics for north american content. Well any content really :-)

4> To leave things alone when they do work.

5> Oh, before I forget. Fix the wrong side windows on the SP Dash 9 diesels.

regards Tom
    Last edited by TGM; 09-29-2014 at 11:58 PM.

I would like to see:

1. Glowing headlights as said in the above post.
    2. Updated DLC locomotives with higher resolution cab textures. (SW1500, SD70ace, SD70mac, (default SD40-2)
    3. More detailed route assets with better textures.

It'd be great to have:
    • The ability to reposition the camera within train cabs. As it is now, your viewpoint is bolted in place to one position. You can turn your 'neck,' but that's about all. TS cabs are 3d models, right? So how about becoming able to move your head to the left or right, forwards or backwards, up or down to better see the controls and the tracks ahead.
    • A better passenger playing mode. It'd be great if you select a passenger train, select your starting station and your destination, and the game either automatically generates a timetable for you or you enter one yourself. The game could also generate an amount of AI traffic that you could select - scarce, some, or heavy. Just to give extra realism and replayability.
    • Similarly, having an AI conductor and an AI dispatcher to give you operating instructions. That would be tons of fun.
    Last edited by mattsylvanian; 07-23-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    The bolded parts are insanity. I know it's a wish list but at this stage of the game a wish list should be at least the basic fundamentals and not more eye candy.
    It's a "wish list", and it's all possible with the current technology, so why are you calling him insane because of it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsylvanian View Post
    It'd be great to have:
    The ability to reposition the camera within train cabs. As it is now, your viewpoint is bolted in place to one position. You can turn your 'neck,' but that's about all. TS cabs are 3d models, right? So how about becoming able to move your head to the left or right, forwards or backwards, up or down to better see the controls and the tracks ahead.
    A better passenger playing mode. It'd be great if you select a passenger train, select your starting station and your destination, and the game either automatically generates a timetable for you or you enter one yourself. The game could also generate an amount of AI traffic that you could select - scarce, some, or heavy. Just to give extra realism and replayability.
    Similarly, having an AI conductor and an AI dispatcher to give you operating instructions. That would be tons of fun.
    Hold down the right mouse button and move your view wherever you want.

Yes, this allows you to turn your neck, but I'm interested in moving your viewpoint forward, backwards, or towards a side of the cab.

Improvements I'd Like to See in TrainSim:

Improved Grade Crossing Warning Bells. Make them so that they are audible in the cab as you pass by (with Doppler effect).

Improved Grade Crossing Conduct for Oncoming AI Trains. In the current TrainSim, oncoming AI trains do not blow for grade crossings. Make this improvement and make it so that it's audible in my cab.

Improve the people at waiting train platforms. They seem to wander aimlessly and make funny movements (like doing complete about-face movements in place). They walk right through each other; walk in aimless circles, walk through standing columns, etc. Also, men walk about like they are "macho" guys and women walk like they got their pantyhose on too tight. Also, what's up with the constant checking of the watch? Cell phones I can see as most everyone has one in their ear anyhow. Most unrealistic, all of it. Needs improvement.

It would also be nice to have some way in order to put another crew member (conductor) on the other side of the cab so that when you look over there, there is someone there, not an empty seat. Maybe putting a picture of a friend, relative or just somebody sitting in the other seat. If there's a utility out there to do this, I'm not aware of it.

Include More People in the World. The world looks deserted as you go by in your locomotive...no people about (except on train platforms). Let's put some life into the scenery. Have people standing around outside of the buildings (at least nearby) or standing by their cars in parking lots. There's no need to animate them, just put some out there so that the world looks populated. My goodness, in Pacific Surfliner scenarios, when passing by the California beaches, there's a ton of umbrellas, picnic tables and cars parked in the lot, but no people!!! If it costs frame rates, then so-be-it. If one doesn't have the muscle in their computer to run it, then afford the option to not include the extra people if that will increase their frame rates.

Option to Change the Weather on the Fly in "Quick Drive". This would be a nice touch.

Speed Restriction Signs Need to be a Little Bit Bigger. In current FS2014, when going above 20 or 25 mph, they're unreadable on the side of the track. The speed restriction warnings in the HUD view are really so small as to be hardly readable from a normal sitting distance. I have to use a magnifier glass.

Grade Crossing "tics" on the Traveling HUD view. This would be a nice feature. There are "tics" for upcoming railroad signals, but ones for grade-crossing warnings would be helpful. The "W" or "X" signs are so small as to be missed (blurred out in the glare of the locomotive headlight), resulting in possibly roaring through a grade crossing without proper warning.

And, for Heaven sakes, afford the option to turn off the canned radio chatter!!!! There are tutorials on the internet that tell how to do it, but it would be nice to have a one-click option in the simulator in order to do it. One gets sick and tired of hearing Dan Hernandez over and over and over again. I provide my own radio chatter by going to the RR network and bringing up the chatter from the area that I want and then using it when I operate in that area. I dislike ol' Dan popping up in the middle of it time and time again. 'Nuff said!!!

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

An old thread I know but still valid.

I would like an Auto Pilot option, I use it in Open Rails a lot and love to sit back and "railwatch" while the
    scenario runs..

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)