Thread: Mike's Lumber Crane in RW- not appearing?

Question Mike's Lumber Crane in RW- not appearing?

In RS the lumber transfer crane appears ok. It is located in a folder called Transfer Points under Kuju/Railsimulator. I copied the Transfer folder to the same place in RW. The Gizmo appears but the crane object does not??

E:\Rail Simulator\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\TransferPoints \Yards\LumberYard
    E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\Kuju\Ra ilSimulator\TransferPoints\Yards\LumberYard

Put the Yards folder as a separate asset in the asset folder but still no appearance. I did select yards in the object selector.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

I just double checked. Mike's log crane is working fine in my RW, and I can put new copies in. You must have a unique problem.

Pete

Default Delete blueprints.pak?

Gotta remember that one, it's the usual suspect in these cases. FYI that lumber crane was originally made way back in the dark ages of railsim, I recently edited it to work from the \Simpson folder. You should have that in the PO&C route asset pack, so just copy the Simpson folder from railsim\assets to railworks\assets and delete the blueprints.pak file in the railworks\Assets\Simpson\RailSimulator folder. Works here.

Other thing just occured to me, cranes are scattered around in track objects and clutter IIRC, this one should be in the miscellaneous section as "Lumberyard".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (59.6 KB, 146 views)

Exclamation Found Problem

The Transfer Points folder was moved in RW versus RS. The animated things seem to have to be in this folder.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Default Um, no.

This is why WTNITW keeps saying don't just copy stuff over, it's perfectly safe for assets PROVIDED you pay attention to what you're doing and don't copy stuff into the wrong place. It hasn't changed anything, it was in

Rail Simulator\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailNetwork\Tr ansferPoints\Yards

And now it's in

railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailNetwork\Tr ansferPoints\Yards

The newer model of Mike's lumber crane has been modified to work from the \Assets\Simpson folder;

And if you copy it into the exact same path it don't care if it's in rail simulator or railworks, as long as it matches the internal paths pointing to how far up the \Assets folder is. In other words if it was originally \assets\yahoo\yoohoo and you copy starting from \assets and end up with \assets\assets\yahoo\yoohoo then it won't be able to find it in the correct place.

Works fine in railworks provided all the paths match correctly, doesn't need to be in any special animation folder.
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (91.8 KB, 120 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (65.7 KB, 120 views)

Somewhere a "simpson folder" was lost or I never had it. Where can I grab it and release myself from the grip of specialized folders.

Also where can I get the latest PortOgden texture group?
    Last edited by boleyd; 08-06-2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Regards - Dick

Default Work work work

Eventually I'll get around to cleaning this mess up and uploading everything, for now;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=284100

Second Humyo link there has the latest PortOgden asset pack and the \Assets\Simpson lumberyard crane.

Biggest headache with moving stuff out of the KUJU folders so you can package with the official packager is the internal paths, bin files pointing to other bin files pointing to GeoPcDx and/orXsec in assorted folders plus aliasing to other bin files scattered all over the disk. I ended up leaving that PO&N log flat in the KUJU folder because the original it's cloned from aliases wheels from a different freightcar, sounds from someplace else, and shadows from one of the steam locos.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Eventually I'll get around to cleaning this mess up and uploading everything, for now;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=284100

Second Humyo link there has the latest PortOgden asset pack and the \Assets\Simpson lumberyard crane.

Biggest headache with moving stuff out of the KUJU folders so you can package with the official packager is the internal paths, bin files pointing to other bin files pointing to GeoPcDx and/orXsec in assorted folders plus aliasing to other bin files scattered all over the disk. I ended up leaving that PO&N log flat in the KUJU folder because the original it's cloned from aliases wheels from a different freightcar, sounds from someplace else, and shadows from one of the steam locos.
    Got all the stuff ok. Problem, PortOgden folder from assets contains less ground textures than I used to have. Wisconsin, for examole, is not there.
    Regards - Dick

Talking Maybe it don't work in undisclosed locations!

Works in Chicago even when I moved Chicago out of Illinois and into Wisconsin!

Possible causes here;

1. Get rid of any \Assets\portgden or \Assets\Sniper297 folders you have, obsolete and unneeded. The "portgden" was a misspelling in one of the tracks.bin files that was corrected a long time ago.
    2. Having installed the latest bugfree \Assets\PortOgden folder, if you mean the added textures aren't showing up in YOUR route, remember you need to hack the RouteProperties.xml file to point to the \PortOgden terrain textures. Use RW_Tools to find out the route's folder name, then open the RouteProperties.xml in wordpad, look for the terrain blueprint.

<TerrainBlueprint>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">Kuju</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">RailSimulator</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Environment\Terrain\Texturin g.xml</BlueprintID>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    </TerrainBlueprint>

Change the "Kuju" to "PortOgden";

<TerrainBlueprint>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">PortOgden</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">RailSimulator</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Environment\Terrain\Texturin g.xml</BlueprintID>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    </TerrainBlueprint>

IIRC the last time you tried this you were doing "Port Ogden" instead of "PortOgden", note the folder name has no space in it. Delete blueprints.pak to get it to take and then check for the additional textures. Keep in mind if you intend to distribute the route with custom textures you'll need to include them, and since the new default RW routes use custom textures I don't think it's compatible with them.
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (65.6 KB, 76 views)

Hi Jim !

The next time you make the RW version of the PO&Chicago available could you include all the Freeware assets it uses now, such as the modified iron bridges and including the correct PortOgden Assets folder ?

The obsolete Portgden folder does no harm and can be deleted.

O t t o