Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RW F7 Fan Excursion

Default RW F7 Fan Excursion

I'm trying to install the RW F7 Fan Excursion scenario,but there's no installer showing. I'm wondering if it's winzip not showing it, or if it didn't make it to the party
    Thanks dave....

Driverman2008 Guest

What route is it for? I already made an F7 passenger train scenario for Cajon Pass (and modified the 3 stations so passenger trains can actually work).

I think I'm satisfied with my home-made scenario of it. If I can get enough people to be interested, I might upload it for download.

It's for the Barstow-San Bernadino Route...

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by banks2 View Post
    I'm trying to install the RW F7 Fan Excursion scenario,but there's no installer showing. I'm wondering if it's winzip not showing it, or if it didn't make it to the party
    Thanks dave....
    I just sent an email to Jim Friedland

cheers
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    What route is it for? I already made an F7 passenger train scenario for Cajon Pass (and modified the 3 stations so passenger trains can actually work).

I think I'm satisfied with my home-made scenario of it. If I can get enough people to be interested, I might upload it for download.
    Please dont, we dont need any more third party crap.
    On vacation from failsim land

Wink Don't tease the kids!

Driverman2008 Guest

Wink Let me clear things up

Last edited by Driverman2008; 08-16-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Thumbs up Clear as mud!

Well, I understand all that, my point is by avoiding ALL because SOME is crappy you're missing out on a lot of good stuff.

One reason is that you can't get support from Railsimulator.com if something goes wrong with it, and I don't think I'm gonna take that risk

If you look around you'll see a lot of threads are free tech support for stuff that wasn't designed for the clueless (I'm often tempted to begin my answers with "first learn to use a computer"), and for the most part if you don't like it or it don't work right just delete it and try something else. Railworks in particular makes the whole process a lot safer, there ARE a few third party idiots who will overwrite your default files without warning you they're going to do it, nor do they provide a failsafe foolproof way to restore the originals, fortunately those are rare. With the STEAM platform tho, "Verify Cache" gets rid of any of those type of problems automatically. Trust me, try the PO&C, see if it changes your mind.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman2008 View Post
    If I can get enough people to be interested, I might upload it for download.
    I'm interested.

cheers
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Default Fix is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by banks2 View Post
    Thanks dave....
    Just uploaded F7Excr11.zip to the file library and this time I'm sure that it has the Installer file. As for the problems with the F7 itself, I think others have covered it adequately. One note from the scenario writer however...The brakes on the F7 ( A & B units both) and their accompanying coaches cannot reliably hold on the 1.2% grades on the sidings at Cajon. This made me comparomise on the actions I wanted to include. I do not know enough about the "real life" performance of the units, so this should not be taken as a criticism but just a note.