Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoS upcoming volumes?

Default WoS upcoming volumes?

Hi all!

I just discovered vol.1 (NY) & vol.2 (Berlin) of World of Subways that I received for gift, and I want to tell you that it is among the best experience I had in train simulation so far!

I live in Québec (Canada) and I was wondering if we will ever have a volume dedicated to the Montreal subway? I heard that the only canadian volume under project will be for the Toronto subway? I don't know if you ever compare Toronto & Montreal subways?... Montreal is so far most beaufifull and excited since it is ridding on tires instead of rails.

I would be soooo excited if Montreal subway was selected in a upcoming volume! Anyone knows wich city will be chosen for the next volume?

Also, I heard that a v1.20 was available for Vol.1 (NY)? Where can I get it, is this update free?

Regards,
    Nightcat711
    Last edited by Nightcat711; 08-20-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Roland,

Use this link to register your product & get the 1.20 update.

http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en
    Mike

This smile says it all

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Roland,

Use this link to register your product & get the 1.20 update.

http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

Thank you for the link... but when I start the registration process and I am at the place where you are ask to select the product to register, I see nothing resembling to WoS in the list...

I get the feeling you might not see anymore volumes. Vol 1 and 2 came out very fast and not a patch or mention of new material for a while (to present day).

The problem with WOS is the overall linear nature of it. You can only do the same exact runs so many times before it starts to get boring real fast.

Sure the excellent graphics, and such are neat but repeating the same tasks over, and over, and over again kills this simulator, because you can't do anything except what they want you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    I get the feeling you might not see anymore volumes. Vol 1 and 2 came out very fast and not a patch or mention of new material for a while (to present day).

The problem with WOS is the overall linear nature of it. You can only do the same exact runs so many times before it starts to get boring real fast.

Sure the excellent graphics, and such are neat but repeating the same tasks over, and over, and over again kills this simulator, because you can't do anything except what they want you to do.
    I must admit that beside the excellent graphics and the feeling we get behind the controls, after a couple of play we are indeed getting a bit boring... if only it was possible to use alternate routes, and random surprise scenarios or more actions, it would be fun but my guess is they wanted to do a plain basic simulator with no extras.

I can live with that, but they should made addons for their current volumes, or made it possible for others to do modding just like in most software simulators... and I really really hope they will do a Montreal Subway edition eventualy...

Btw, I saw a couple of screenshots of vol.1 (NewYork) on the Internet displaying daylight ride! So far I only had night shift... how and what should I do to be able to ride outside tunnel in broad daylight?

Thanks
    NightCat
    Last edited by Nightcat711; 08-21-2009 at 06:24 AM.

I do believe there was a scenario expansion pack for Vol 1. My understanding that the 3rd volume was meant to be a London tube route but nothing has been said recently about it and they are at the moment developing a New York Bus driver simulator as the next game release.

Personally I didn't buy either subway volume because of the limitations mentioned above.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Scarlet View Post
    I do believe there was a scenario expansion pack for Vol 1. My understanding that the 3rd volume was meant to be a London tube route but nothing has been said recently about it and they are at the moment developing a New York Bus driver simulator as the next game release.

Personally I didn't buy either subway volume because of the limitations mentioned above.

John
    Hi John,

It is a shame that they are putting WoS aside to release a bus simulator because I am more in trains & subways rather than other type of vehicule.

A London tube route would be fun, or a japaneese route. I also was lucky to receive "Densha De Go" train simulator from a friend who visited Tokyo and brought me back this software. Beside the fact that it was verrrrrrry complicated to operate since it was all in japaneese language, I made it through and make it work with a little help from people on the Internet. I know that there is a PS3 console version of this simulator and that it is very very popular in Japan.

Also tried BVE, wich is an other subway/train simulator. It is not bad considering it is a freeware.

In my experience, WoS Berlin is the most realistic and nicely done so far.

Greetings,
    Roland

Roland,

It sounds as if you have not read the manual. Do you have the Box or Download version of WOS?

Also what version number do you have? You can tell by looking in the lower left hand corner of the screen after the launch. You can also find a PDF file of the manual in Program Files/TML Studios Folder.

To see daylight, you have to start your shift during the daylight hours.

You can go to the Aerosoft website & go to the forum & register. Then ask them how to register your product. Be sure to tell them what version you have, Box or Download.

The Expansion pack will add 5 new tasks, taking you on parts of the route not available before.
    Mike

This smile says it all

Roland,

Here is a direct link for the V1.20 update.

http://www.world-of-subways.com/index.php?id=210&L=1
    Mike

This smile says it all

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Roland,

Here is a direct link for the V1.20 update.

http://www.world-of-subways.com/index.php?id=210&L=1
    thank you mike. Updated completed. Also, I am not that good to fully understand all the terms used in the manual, perhaps I should've pay more attentions before I ask my question.

I finally made it and was able to do a daylight schedule.

Thanks again.
    Roland