Thread: Train on Mainline blocks entrance from Siding?

Default Train on Mainline blocks entrance from Siding?

In this case Service 1 is blocking the mainline so service 1 cannot enter the mainline. This is despite a contrary green signal (Tall 1H 1T). Link-0 points away from Service 2. Link-1 points away from Service 1. Looks like AI detects occupation of the mainline and does the blocking. I would guess that this is contrary to prototypical operation.

Reported
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Default Confused

hi,
    From my observation of the attached picture of the problem your trying to explain, It would appear as if the two signal links are pointing in opposite directions. If this is not the case then ignore my comments.
    It Appears that they are pointing towards each other. This will simply never work correctly.
    All links of the same signal must point in the direction of forward travel of a train passing the facing signal. Signals , once placed can be turned around to the desired direction using the gizmo, however the links need to be reversed manualy if required when they are placed or RS.com will be getting chewed out once more for a signaling system that gets it wrong. Not saying or even implying that the signaling system cant get it wrong just suggesting a human element in there being malfuctions.

Ross
    NZ
    Its Just a logic puzzle.

Maybe this is a good illustration of how a customer can get into bad assumptions, or not. Left track is a siding entering mainline. Both link arrows do point toward the top of the picture The signal is intended to tell trains on the left track that all is well ahead. I assumed the direction fo travel was toward the top of the picture. It still looks good to me. I am probably wrong but not getting the message on where.

In my non-railroading mind I might even use a 2-head 2T signal and look back up the track to the right to see if anything was coming. I think I asked about that one elsewhere and was told that the entering train has to rely on the Dispatcher to not have a speeding train heading toward the junction (from the bottom of the picture) as you pull onto the mainline.

I think that the Wiki is slowly geting into shape so a new-to-rail customer can make less errors and thus less problem reports to sort through at Company Headquarters.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.