Thread: [RW] Levers work, blue keys won't

Default [RW] Levers work, blue keys won't

I recently had to reinstall RW, and the RD software (I used the latest driver off the RD website).

I was able to calibrate the RD unit okay, and I set the blue key buttons to my satisfaction. The only glitch I had on installation was the one reported elsewhere, to set the full path to raildriver.dll in ReportConfig.txt.

So far so good - but the trouble is, only the levers will work - all the programmable blue buttons etc won't respond. I'm sure I have seen this reported and fixed elsewhere, but I can't find the link. Can someone help please? The annoying thing is that the unit worked fine before everything had to be reinstalled.

I'm running RW 97.3 on a Vista 32-bit system, and I downloaded and used the latest RD driver for Railworks from the RD site a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance

Paul

...hello?... Anyone from PI Engineering passing this way? Nope? Guess it's just me and the tumbleweed, then...

Hello Paul,

Please copy and paste the attached ReportConfig.txt file to this location:

C:\Program Files\PI Engineering\RailDriver MWII\XKeyDevices\Vid05F3Pid00D2

Once finished (if asked to over right please click yes.) go back to C:\Program Files\PI Engineering\RailDriver MWII and double click the RDMWII executable and see if that works.

If it does delete the RDMWII shortcut on your desktop and go back to C:\Program Files\PI Engineering\RailDriver MWII, right click on RDMWII, and select “send to, Desktop”. You should have a new shortcut on your desktop that will now work with RailWorks.

If this does not work please email me at [email protected].
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unhappy Same problem as Paul

Hi Rocco,

I am having the same issues as Paul. I have email you directly, regard those issues.

Thumbs up Problem Solved

My blue keys are working, thanks to the super speedy reply from Rocco at PIE!!

Many thanks, Rocco.

Bruce