Thread: RW Scenario: Barstow - Early Morning Yard Work

Default RW Scenario: Barstow - Early Morning Yard Work

I have uploaded a new scenario. This scenario requires that you have the "Pike's Barstow to San Bernardino - Phase 1" route installed. If you do not have this route, it is included with the "Limping to Barstow" scenario that I uploaded previously.

This scenario includes a few content changes (mainly signal fixes and new markers) so it may warn you when installing. I'm hoping it will overwrite previously installed content.

This scenario involves moving freight around Barstow Yard and takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. There is not much background AI because you need to concentrate on your work and finding your way around.

I won't say that this scenario is hard but you will need to throw the switches to get around Barstow which can be daunting using the 2D map since it is rather huge. I do not always provide step by step instructions and often just tell you to go somewhere and wait or perform a task. It is up to you to find the location and set the switches to get there. I try to give you some kind of marker or clue on how to get there. You can always use the Next Destination on the F3 popup to figure it out. I also don't give you a lot of time to look around so you might want to familiarize yourself with the locations of some of the markers and sidings before running the scenario.

Some of the instructions/communications are rather long. I suggest you use the "Pause/Break" key to pause the game and read them otherwise they may vanish before you have a chance to finish reading them.

If you have any problems I will do my best to help with my limited knowledge of Railworks.

Pike

Hi

I've run the "Limping..." scenario and found it to be well done. Lots of mainline and yard trafficl. Not only is there yard traffic interaction but quite a bit of eyecandy traffic as well.

I also have discovered that the Pause/Break key to be very handy to stop the popup messages from disappearing before I get a chance to read the entire message.

Does anyone know of a way to change these so the close button is the only way to close them?

GaryG

Where can "Pike's Barstow to San Bernardino - Phase 1" be located/downloaded/purchased?

[email protected]

Default Down, boy!

Quote Originally Posted by rscarter View Post
    Where can "Pike's Barstow to San Bernardino - Phase 1" be located/downloaded/purchased?

[email protected]
    Look about three messages below this one...

Tom Pallen