Thread: Scenario dev for G-Trax Berkshire Loco

Smile Scenario dev for G-Trax Berkshire Loco

I was really impressed with the graphic quality of G-Trax Berkshire and for $16 a real bargain. So I dropped my current project and started a simple scenario on the default Monument / Castle Rock route, just to see it perform. For those interested in the development process I have put a scenario download at https://download.yousendit.com/cmcwUGhaTlFBNkZjR0E9PQ
    I will periodically update this as the scenario develops and perhaps if you are interested in starting to develop your own scenarios you can leave questions here. As the scenario changes I will add additional links. Of course you will have to purchase the loco, but for $16 US I don't think you can go wrong.
    Last edited by jimbf; 08-29-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling etc.

Default Version 2 of the Berkshire Saga

Below is the URL to download the second stage of the scenario development. Added to the original version v1 are additional user instructions via scripting on the driver engine. Note how the scripting is different as compared to version 1. The large movement steps have been cut into smaller steps in order to add meaningful direction and a single "scenario destination marker" has been added just beyond the interlocking switches on Track 2. Also two IA freight trains have been added and timed to not interfere (too much) with the driver. You should "mess" with the timing of these to see how and when the movements fail.

The .zip file for version 2 contains the original version 1, so if you are following you might choose to install version 1 of Steam Express, examine it, run at least the first 10 minutes and then install version 2. Version 2 will overwrite version 1 and can be installed without version 1.

The download is at https://download.yousendit.com/cmczaXRONEhxRTJ4dnc9PQ
    Last edited by jimbf; 08-30-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Arrow Version 3

Now we are nearing the end of the development process...if it ever really ends. In revision 3 Train 1 Northbound originally going all the way to the North portal, has now had its destination changed to a Siding in Larkspur. And a coal train out of Larkspur headed South has been added to the traffic on Track 2. All this was done to provide a reason for the driver train to make the move from right to left running through Larkspur and provide a possible red signal prior to that area. Timing here is critical and if you are playing along, try changing the start time for the southbound coal train...you can always reload the scenario to restore a setting that works ( at least for this author.) Between Larkspur and Castle Rock things were pretty dull so a southbound cement train was added.
    What's left to do? If all works well so far, the last step is to "dress the scenario" by adding static elements, such as freight cars on sidings and scenario enabled objects such as cars at crossings. For a real challenge try adding a passenger train out of Castle Rock southbound as the driver train arrives. The URL for version 3 is : https://download.yousendit.com/cmczaXRBT01veE94dnc9PQ

Smile Final revision v 4

Well for a simple test of the Berkshire loco under load, this has clearly gotten out of hand. The "set" has been "dressed," and the dialog polished and if anyone is following the development, the final version is available ( for a week from the posting date ) at https://download.yousendit.com/cmcwb245NmNwM214dnc9PQ

Enjoy. If I get any feedback I will move it to the train-sim library. So please tell me if you have found this thread useful.

email [email protected]

Default Rolling Stock Required

Hi,

i checked the szenario via RS_Tools and found missing stock.
    Missings stock is, ttx_railbox.

What is it and where can i found it?

Thanks.
    "Nobody here but us chickens." James Tiberius Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Hi,
    i checked the szenario via RS_Tools and found missing stock.
    Missings stock is, ttx_railbox.
    What is it and where can i found it?
    I believe that it may be a part of the standard RailWorks install, however my original source for the TTX boxcar is http://sporbust.com/RS--Downloads.php. Since you mention RS_Tools, let me imply that you are attempting to use this on RailSimulator, rather than RailWorks. I doubt that it will work, as there are features used that are exclusive to RW. On the original issue, using RS_Tools and RW_Tools it is possible to substitute for missing rolling stock with items in your inventory.
    Last edited by jimbf; 08-31-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Ups, sorry that was a mistake of my self. Of course, iam using Railworks and RW_Tools 2.
    And, yes the boxcar is standart but not the TTX repaint.

Thanks
    "Nobody here but us chickens." James Tiberius Kirk

Smile Final polished version in library

look in RW misc file library for crexp10.zip