Thread: How to uh, play.

Default How to uh, play.

I've just received World of Subways Vol. 2 (Berlin U7) from a cousin and after an hour of grappling with it I'm quite honestly pissed at the game.

The options under controls are nothing but incomprehensible.
    There is no manual to speak of (the Readme is in German).

So after this one hour I have still yet to move a single damned train.

Can anyone offer advice? Perhaps how the controls in this bizzare game work?

Nicholas,

From My Computer, select whatever drive you have WOS Volume 2, go to program files & select the TML folder.

Open the TML folder & locate the WOS V 2 folder. Inside you will find 2 PDF files. One is the manual. It is in German & English. It is pretty comprehenxive..
    Mike

This smile says it all

Thumbs down Also puzzled

I just discovered this forum and am glad to know that I am not alone in being stymied by this simulator. I've read the "English" language manual (translated by Google, perhaps) several times. I've made a list of the numerous actions that must be taken before a train will even think about moving. Once, I actually managed to get a train started down the tracks, but then it was supposed to stop and I could not remember the gazillion steps needed to do that. If all of this is realistic, I pity subway drivers!

Now they expect me to buy another volume???!!!!!????

Tom Pallen

The problem with this simulator is that the controls section in the profile needs to be programmed every time the simulator is launched!

Click OPTIONS. Click GAME. Be sure the SET TOTTMANSWITCH box is filled. Click OK. Click CONTROLS.
    You will notice that many fields are empty. There are six important train functions for which the boxes are empty. They are:
    PULL SIFA (F90) and PRESS THROTTLE (F90). These are the tottmanswitch functions; CONTROL SWITCH FORWARD and CONTROL SWITCH BACK. These are the braking functions; REVERSER FORWARD (F90) and REVERSER BACK (F90). These are the throttle functions for the F90.

By clicking on the box next to each of these functions you need to assign a keyboard key as follows:
    PULL SIFA (F90) TAB key,
    PRESS THROTTLE SPACE BAR key,
    CONTROL SWITCH FORWARD UP ARROW key,
    CONTROL SWITCH BACK DOWN ARROW key,
    REVERSER FORWARD (F90) PAGE UP key, and
    REVERSER BACK (F90) PAGE DOWN key.
    Click OK. Click BACK. Click START. Once in the cab click Y, L and P for lighting.

For the F90 train to start click the TAB and SPACE BAR keys, click the PAGE UP key once and watch the air pressure in the brake reservoir build up. Click the DOWN ARROW key once. The train should move. Click Y again. The PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys are your throttle, and your UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW keys are your brakes.
    Note: For the brakes to be fully released the brake lever position should be one notch back from full forward.
    For the H01 train to start click the SPACE BAR key, click the UP ARROW key twice and watch the air pressure in the brake reservoir build up, then click the UP ARROW key four more times. The train should move. Click Y again. The number keys along the top of your keyboard (1 thru 8) are your throttle, and your UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW keys are your brakes.
    Note: For the brakes to be fully released the brake lever position should be full forward.
    Have fun!
    Ed Catterall
    Last edited by edcatterall; 02-16-2012 at 03:09 PM.