Thread: Finding Locomotives

Default Finding Locomotives

I searched but couldn't find an answer to this question: when I enter the scenario editor and check the list of engines I can't find engines that I've downloaded (e.g. Dick Cowen's FLC Pack). I tried each route and still couldn't find. I believe the engines are installed correctly - I see them in the correct folders. Can anyone offer some guidance? Thanks. Barry

Okay.

Stay with me here...

The scenery package for the locos has to be enabled in the route...

So, you need to edit the route.

Enter the world editor.
    Go to the middle menu on the left and expand it.
    Click on the small blue 3D box at the top of said box (this is the asset filter).
    Now look to the left of the screen and you see a new box avalible.
    Thats the list of avalible assets.
    Put a tick in the checkbox of the new assets / scenery you want to use in the route.
    Once you have that done.
    Hit f2.
    and your done.
    Steam Nic :- ΞΕZ♠C๐צΞ Fraggle
    Project Watch: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrAdrianSW

Default thanks but still doesn't work

Thanks for the info - I tried the steps you outlined but it did nothing to change my engine list.

Cool Picture this

Downloaded a new route, don't have any US trains because the blueprint preload in the RouteProperties.xml file is set only for \Assets\Kuju\Railsimulator.

Change from the scenario editor to the world editor by clicking the house icon in the top left flyout, then in the middle left flyout click the small blue box, over on the right the right side flyout peeps out so grab the edge and pull that out. Browse through that list to whatever you want, but for any US addons you'll probably need to set the Kuju RailsimulatorUS filter on because most, including all the Britkits, alias the US couplers.

Then set whatever other filters you want on. The line for the filter should go dark after you click in the little checkbox. Hit F2 to save the changes to the route, this don't actually make any changes to the route itself but it writes whatever filters you checked into the preload section of the RouteProperties.xml file.

Back in the scenario editor, got more trains in the lists. Do that once for any given route and you'll have all the addons available in any other scenario for that route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.8 KB, 88 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (65.0 KB, 89 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (59.3 KB, 89 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (64.8 KB, 89 views)

I think Adriansw meant to look to the RIGHT of the screen when you click the little blue box with the orange triangle. This should produce a list of all the assets that are available. Scroll down the list to find (usually) the author's name who created the asset and check the box next to it. When you look back to the left of the screen you will see in the second box down a row of icons - the loco one is the first, followed by freight/passenger cars, etc. If you click on the Loco icon it should show a list which is now updated and hopefully it should show your newly added locos.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by adriansw View Post
    Enter the world editor.
    Go to the middle menu on the left and expand it.
    Click on the small blue 3D box at the top of said box (this is the asset filter).
    Now look to the left of the screen and you see a new box avalible.
    Thats the list of avalible assets.
    I think you meant to say "right." You'll have drbarryk running all over the place looking for checkboxes to tick.
    Last edited by jevon; 09-07-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: SCL: LOL .. perfect timing.

yea. i hadent had my morning beer.... sorry 'bout that.
    Steam Nic :- ΞΕZ♠C๐צΞ Fraggle
    Project Watch: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrAdrianSW

Default left right center - it OK

It worked just fine. I should have remembered from RS, but I've been flitting between MSTS and RW - now I'm getting serious about getting at least part of the way into RW as I did with MSTS.

I appreciate the help and spirit of the community here. Gentlemen, thank you. I've got this part of it under control.

Barry