Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: conbuilder MIA

Thumbs up Glad you pointed the Help file out to me.

Eric,

Yes, I found it . . . .

I guess the business of exclusive servers was just internet rumour. no basis in fact at all.

I cant see how it could be a misunderstanding of the statement "....this program is to be freely shared ....". That can be interperted as an 'command'. '..is to be' is an order!

So lets see, the readme/license/copywrite verbage says in effect that I should comply with this: "However it would be prudent if you put the program up on your site, to send an e-mail to Us saying where it is."

I understand that to mean I can put ConBuilder on a website or upload it to a website if I tell "where it is". That's a given.
    Hmm, well okay, but since I don't have a site I can just upload it to TrainSim.com and give the required notification.
    This will comply with all copywrite/licence/readme's to the letter. No?
    Last edited by Vince; 09-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yes I think that legally it's ok to do that with the versions that were originally released as freeware and have a similar copyright. Having said that I personally would not do it. I personally would honor the authors wishes in the matter, respecting the time and effort they put into the program.
    Regards,

Eric

Thumbs up Respecting The Wishes of the Author. Absolutely!

And here are the authors wishes in his own words;
    "this program is to be freely shared by all Trainsimmers without having to pay any fee."

So . . .does anyone 'know' why the files were pulled?

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Because if ya dont pay ya cant play i figure!
    Dont have it yet! Cant afford it now! But i understand the reason for payware!
    Last edited by Viper53; 09-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.

A little over a year ago the authors asked that all versions be removed from websites. Here is one reference: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...ght=conbuilder
    Regards,

Eric

ConBuilder is no longer MIA, new site is up and running, http://www.conbuilder.com

When a piece of software is taken to payware that means all of it.

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    The forum is only open to purchasers of ConBuilder.

Joe you just lost your access for posting the URL.
    Charles, I honestly forgot that it wasn't a public forum! I only posted it thinking that the poster had a question which I thought should be posted there. Since it is exclusive, not anyone can join, which the poster or anyone would find out. I think banning me was extreme! Or one day or even one week as a warning even. A stern warning/reminder would be more appropriate!!! I didn't post it to be malicious! It also doesn't change the fact that I am still a purchaser!
    Last edited by GG12332; 09-09-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Thanks in Advance! Sincerely,
    Joseph "Joe" Anthony Marchetti

Please visit my LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephamarchetti and recommend me. Suggestions welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by GG12332 View Post
    Charles, I honestly forgot that it wasn't a public forum! I only posted it thinking that the poster had a question which I thought should be posted there. Since it is exclusive, not anyone can join, which the poster or anyone would find out. I think banning me was extreme! Or one day or even one week as a warning even. A stern warning/reminder would be more appropriate!!! I didn't post it to be malicious! It also doesn't change the fact that I am still a purchaser!
    No. They don't get access, but they can register as a new user and I had to spend the whole morning answering all the new registrations.

Your suspension will be for a week.
    Charles

Talking It's Available for free! Just Google ConBuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsdadinaz View Post
    ConBuilder is no longer MIA, new site is up and running, http://www.conbuilder.com

When a piece of software is taken to payware that means all of it.
    Baloney! If that was true then how come you don't support MY conbuilder seeing as how you now consider it payware? Whats up with that?

You can spout that BS all you want but it does not change the fact that if I comply with the distribution I will freely share it with all Trainsimmers.

You cannot issue a retroactive EULA. That's be like Toyota saying something like you're on;y allowed to trade-in on another Toyota by sending you a notice a year after you bought it! Rediculous is the extreme!

I see the files were probably pulled because the authors got into a hissy fit about some comments that were made publicly.
    Like the kid who takes the ball away from a game because 'it's mine' when he gets into a dispute over who should pitch.

Pretty funny, but I just Googled CB and there are lots of sites where it can be downloaded. And you can't say squat to any of them because you say it's to be shared in the EULA. You can't squirm outa' that simple fact.

Bottom Line:
    I will send a copy of Con Builder to anyone who asks for it in keeping with the words and spirit of the EULA that came with the distribution.

You don't like that? Have the Chaplain punch your TS Card.

Careful, now, you might get banned from their forum.

Lots of arrogance floating in this thread. I use the activity editor. Feel no need to support anyone with that kind of self-important attitude...
    Last edited by Erick_Cantu; 09-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.