Thread: Route Marker puzzle

Default Route Marker puzzle

For some reason or another the route markers from the CSX Mainline route show up on my Named Markers list in World Editor and I can't get rid of them. I even deleted CSX mainle route from my drive, remade the route template, all blueprints including converting over again my own named and series markers. Otto, or somebody else please help me with this.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scamp0000 View Post
    For some reason or another the route markers from the CSX Mainline route show up on my Named Markers list in World Editor and I can't get rid of them. I even deleted CSX mainline route from my drive, remade the route template, all blueprints including converting over again my own named and series markers. Otto, or somebody else please help me with this.
    If Named Route Markers files are stored in their default location, i.e.: Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\RouteMarkers and some are within 600 km of each other then they will all show in a route's GPS drop-down Named Routes panel on the right.

To avoid this happening is to create them in separate folders like I have done, shown below and amend their *.BIN and *.dcsv files accordingly.

If they are not in an Assets folder the route has not been filtered to then a new filter link pointing to them has to be created in the route's RouteProperties.xml, like here for the BSB-CAJON-OTTO, in my case there also being different markers for the default and Thomas' Mojave extension of it !

I hope that all this makes sense to you and feel free to ask questions if it does not. Took me a while to figure it out myself !

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 09-25-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Default Yes, indeed

I had this happen several times in RS after downloading a route from Otto's site: markers for Denmark, etc. showed up in all other routes. Now that Otto's given us a way of getting rid of them except where they're needed, maybe I'll try some house cleaning. But I have to wonder why Otto didn't set them up to only appear in their own route in the first place. Not everyone keeps each route in a separate installation, right?

Tom Pallen

Quote Originally Posted by pallent View Post
    But I have to wonder why Otto didn't set them up to only appear in their own route in the first place. Not everyone keeps each route in a separate installation, right?
    Took me a while to figure out how to do that after having released a number of routes already which showed more than their own Named Route Markers.

Some have routes which are geographically close to each other, showing all their markers in them and can do nothing now to keep them and my route mods markers separate because many may have modified their routes with additional objects filters for rolling stock and consequently their entries in Routes.xml and RouteProperties.xml files would be overwritten by my mods of them.

Have a go at doing that yourself to keep the markers of other routes out of routes lists where they are not wanted.

The question is why Kuju has not kept them in RouteMarkers folders inside their route's folders ?

There are many UK users who have added more UK freeware routes to the default ones and all being within 600 km of each other you can imagine the mess that is making to their UK routes Named Routes Markers lists, below just the default ones showing. Did the Kuju coders not notice that ?

I don't run these routes, only my modifications of them, so that does not bother me.

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 09-26-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Default Route to route?

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post

Wouldn't it be great if clicking on a marker from a different route would transfer the player to that route?

Tom Pallen