Thread: Tunnel Decal Messed Up?

Question Tunnel Decal Messed Up?

Following pictures show distorted tunnel decal. Only looks as it should on level ground. Both new and older tunnels now showing this. Made some nVidia and RW changes but no change. Tried olde Railsim and it worked as it should. Do not have the faulty update installed. I have seen no other RW video issues.

I would reload RW from Steam but fear getting the problem update. As an aside, if I went online would that update download and cause problems or has it been removed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Following pictures show distorted tunnel decal. Only looks as it should on level ground. Both new and older tunnels now showing this. Made some nVidia and RW changes but no change. Tried olde Railsim and it worked as it should. Do not have the faulty update installed. I have seen no other RW video issues.

I would reload RW from Steam but fear getting the problem update. As an aside, if I went online would that update download and cause problems or has it been removed?
    I checked the decal on my route, which I have the latest update. I had to move the tunnel portal away so I can see the decal and mine doesn't do that. I pressed Ctrl+Z to undo the change for the tunnel portal then press the orange arrow and asked me to save changes and got the RailProc error and that tile went to 0kb. I had a backup for it so that got fixed. I think the previous update did that only my decal was on top of the tracks and your screen shot shows the decal under the track. If it doesn't hurt it while in play mode I wouldn't worry about it.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Following pictures show distorted tunnel decal.
    Your screens are in the editor. What does it look like in drive mode?
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Thumbs up Ok in Play

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Your screens are in the editor. What does it look like in drive mode?
    That looks ok. I can tolerate the odd look in Editor so long as Play is ok. Should be fixed by RS.

Thanks,
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Talking Need a patch for the patch that patched the patch!

I'm having trouble keeping up, but apparently there was something wrong with the decals, they patched it and then the decals were all floating above the terrain, then the latest patch which broke the route editor did something else to the decals which gave them spikes all over the place.

That's my waterfall ingame, not in the editor, other custom underwater decals are showing similar spikes ingame. That's with 97.8A, just now got some kind of STEAM update message and I'm waiting to see what that is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (92.8 KB, 115 views)

Thumbs down False alarm!

Well, I don't know what exactly got updated, but it still says 97.8A and still crashes the route when I place something on that one tile, so it ain't what we're waiting for. Secure from General Quarters, set the standard underway STEAMing watch.

I would prefer a:

"Clean sweep-down fore and aft"

Its just tearing by the graphic engine.
    The Game Engine and the Editor Engine seem to use somewhat different graphics settings.

So tearing can occure in the Editor that will dissapere 90% of the time in the Game Engine.
    Steam Nic :- ΞΕZ♠C๐צΞ Fraggle
    Project Watch: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrAdrianSW