Thread: Track laying question

Question Track laying question

I'm just starting to mess with this thing experimenting with laying track and adding scenery just to see what I can and cannot do. And it's going pretty good, time consuming but good.

But I have one thing I can't figure out, and I'm probably missing the obvious. When I'm laying switches/turnouts, or "junctions" as RW prefers to call them. They work ok, but...

I have no switch stands with the the manual switches, nor switch machine with the automatic switches. Like I say they work fine, just now switch stands and I'm at a loss to why. The way I understand it they're supposed to go in automatically with the switch right?

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Default Track rules

Whatever track rule you use has to have the manual junction lever entry in it;

<ManualJunctionEntity>
    <iTrackRulesBlueprint-sPatternEntityDesc>
    <Blueprint>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    <BlueprintSetID>
    <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">Kuju</Provider>
    <Product d:type="cDeltaString">RailSimulatorUS</Product>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
    </BlueprintSetID>
    <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">RailNetwork\Junctions\Manual_Junction_Lever_1.xml</BlueprintID>
    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
    </Blueprint>
    <SidewaysOffset d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="00000060B81EF93F" drecision="string">1.5700</SidewaysOffset>
    <AnimID d:type="cDeltaString">Switch</AnimID>
    <TransitionTime d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000040" drecision="string">2.0000</TransitionTime>
    </iTrackRulesBlueprint-sPatternEntityDesc>
    </ManualJunctionEntity>

And if you want automatic switch machines you'll need to download Tom Moyer's switchstands and make trackrules from his samples.

All default Trackrules have Manual switches specified, the exception being the Barstow yard trackrule.

Like Jim says, there are no default Automatic switch motors. Download the CSX-Mainline route and you will see those from Tom Moyers being used, as well as other switch stands of his.

O t t o

Thanks guys..... I'm figuring it out slowly..