Thread: Problems getting ReDem tiles to function

Default Problems getting ReDem tiles to function

Finally downloaded ReDem went through the process of setting up a route and creating ReDem tiles. My problem is getting them to work. I am not sure exactly where they go, or what I am doing wrong. No problems using RW Tools for markers and I am pretty sure I am using the correct Lat and Long from the route blueprint (though mine are about 15-16 digits long). However, no elevation appears anywhere on the route.
    I really would appreciate any suggestions and step by step (for dummies) directions. I did follow the Help guide with ReDem, but it only says put the tiles in your routes Terrain folder. My route has no terrain folder however.

I think that you need to add that folder. In there goes the big set of files that tells the program where each elevation point is and how high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. That did the trick. Holy cow what a difference 1/3 ARC tiles make! The route is so obvious now I hardly need a 'series' marker to show me where I need to lay track. Roadways and riverbeds are very easy to see. Railway bridge locations are obvious now as well. I am tempted to use 'snap to terrain' for track laying!

Quote Originally Posted by scamp0000 View Post
    Thanks. That did the trick. Holy cow what a difference 1/3 ARC tiles make! The route is so obvious now I hardly need a 'series' marker to show me where I need to lay track. Roadways and riverbeds are very easy to see. Railway bridge locations are obvious now as well. I am tempted to use 'snap to terrain' for track laying!
    i trying to find that 1/3 ARC for canada and i can't find any.
    Last edited by trainrcool; 04-25-2010 at 03:12 AM.