Thread: Reuse Objects?

Default Reuse Objects?

If I created a route, would I be able to use items such as trees and signals used in other routes in that route?
    - NYCTRAINZ95
    PM me if you need station signs made for a route!

It depends if you are releasing it. If you are, then, I believe that you would need to get in contact with the person that made it (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not planning on releasing anything I make (b/c its gonna be terrible), but can I use the signals used in the NEC route in the route I'm going to create?
    - NYCTRAINZ95
    PM me if you need station signs made for a route!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTRAINZ95 View Post
    I'm not planning on releasing anything I make (b/c its gonna be terrible), but can I use the signals used in the NEC route in the route I'm going to create?
    The answer is yes. But those signals are terrible, there are better ones around.

Interactive signals are a bit more tricky to "raid" from a route, but, just depends on your experience level with MSTS.

I think you'll find very few content creators care about what people do with content they've created that people mess with on their own computers. It's the release and distribution that starts to raise eyebrows. So, feel free to raid any route you wish, as long as you're not going to distribute what you do with it.

Many would suggest that it's good to keep track of what you use and where you get it--as you use it--anyways, in the vent you change your mind and do want to release it sometime. It will make your job of finding who to contact for permission and/or credit a lot easier.

Anything on the 6 default routes you can consider fair game for use, even though technically it's not supposed to be re-distributed. (The setup of InstallMe.Bat files both gets around that caveat and makes the download a bit lighter at the same time.) Most stuff in the file library just requires "credit" be given to the creator of the object(s) in the route's documentation....it's otherwise free to use as desired. Every download should come with instructions on installation and use/distribution, so you can read all that with whatever you download.

And finally, if you own any payware routes on your computer, don't expect to ever redistribute anything you "raid" from those routes. While it's not out of the realm of possibility to get permission to do so, just don't count on it. Like the freeware stuff, as long as you use and keep stuff from payware routes on just your computer, nobody is going to care.