Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: metra electric/ south shore

Default metra electric/ south shore

i am working on a 'free lance" metra electric, south shore line. with south chicago, and
    blue island branches. it is not protitypical, but it will have a lot of stations, and high speed running (100mph). if any one is interested, i will upload it when i complete it. the south shore is going only to gary,in. for the time being.
    Last edited by nickol; 10-10-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Hey, thats my neck of the woods. Seems like quite an undertaking. Will be very intrested to see how it turns out.

Dejoh...Enjoying All Train Sims

Cool metoooo!

Yeah, I'm a freight fanatic, but I like interurbans too since I rode them a lot when I was a kid. Chicago Aurora & Elgin, Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee, and of course the only surviving one, Chicago South Shore & South Bend. Try www.humyo.com and create an account there, free place to host beta versions.

Default Metra e, south shore

hello, i am glad you guys are interested. however, just so you know, every thing is ground level. i am not that good with terrain fiddling.

Won't really need to, most of Chicago and northern Indiana is as flat as yesterday's beer. IIRC there's only about a 50 foot difference between the elevations of O'Hare and Midway.

Default btw

this is true. btw, i have another route that is partially completed that i think you will like.
    i call it "north shore line in 2009, in rs. it is based on the metra north line (CNW), up to milwaukee the main branch is 93 miles long with all of the stations from the north line schedules plus south milwaukee, "midtown", and downtown milwaukee. i also added the CTA blue, green, and pink lines, the scenery, tho, is incomplete.

Default we are almost there!

the blue island branch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

more blue island branch.

another look.

Will it have prototypical rolling stock including E-locos for overhead wire tracks, their pantos using the same overhead wire height as that of the default overhead wire used by the Hagen Siegen tracks ?

Overhead wire tracks can be created by using any other than the Hagen-Siegen tracks trackrules and after giving them new names can be electrified with overhead wires and at the same time given appropriate switch stands, manual and motorized automatic ones, like the CSX-Mainline uses.

If you want to do that then it is best done before the first section of tracks is being put down.

If you like and can tell me the type of tracks and switchstands you want to use then I can create a specific for you NL-Trackrule.bin in it's Assets\NL folder you can then Object Filter into your route and then use specific for it named route markers and other settings and items such as a template and environments, etc !

O t t o
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 12-20-2009 at 09:13 AM.