Thread: Erasing Track?

Default Erasing Track?

While making a route, is it possible to erase track?
    - NYCTRAINZ95
    PM me if you need station signs made for a route!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTRAINZ95 View Post
    While making a route, is it possible to erase track?
    Click on the track and hit backsapce or deleate. its simple as that. ill let others explain more there are plenty of posts here on the fourms just have to search the fourm.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

If you are going to work on routes in the Route Editor then you will need this:

http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/mv...MSTSguide.html

O t t o

Question

One last question: how do I insert signals?
    - NYCTRAINZ95
    PM me if you need station signs made for a route!

Lightbulb Some Practice Required.

Dont even think of installing signals until all track and roads are completed.

Well actually you should think about installing signals . . . and how doing that will result in a broken route with corrupted database files.

Get that book, print all the pages, put them in plastic sleeves in a loose leaf binder, start reading and building the practice route the books takes you through.

A question though: Why do you apoligize for being annoying in your sig? Are you planning to? ( be annoying )
    Last edited by Vince; 10-10-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In telegram style.

An existing signal of the route ( home signal / SignalFnType ( NORMAL ) ):

(0). ( Allways do a backup of the route before modify - copy the ROUTE\name\directoryname to a safe place ( external HD, DVD, CD, or another directory on your HD )
    1. Start RE - and select the route.
    2. Select in "Placement" track objects and select the signal.
    3. Place the signal on the track with the "Mode"
    4. Turn the signal in the correct direction and hit N
    5. Save and exit RE
    6. Restart RE and select "advanced" and do a rebuild of the route.

A non-existing signal in this route :
    1. Add *.s and *.sd of the new signal to the ROUTE\SHAPES subfolder.
    2. Refer in the sigcfg.dat in the ROUTE subfolder to this shape
    3. Adapt the existing sigscr.dat - script
    4. Follow the steps above for an existing signal.

And... read some tips of expert members; Jovet; krausyao

Quote Originally Posted by dirkjesje View Post
    1. Start RE - and select the route.
    2. Select in "Placement" track objects and select the signal.
    3. Place the signal on the track with the "Mode"
    4. Turn the signal in the correct direction and hit N
    5. Save and exit RE
    6. Restart RE and select "advanced" and do a rebuild of the route.
    I'm a bit confused...why are you advising to do a TDB rebuild after placing signals? Doing a TDB rebuild with any sort of interactives should be avoided.

Also, you do not want to press the N key when placing signals. The N key will make the selected object(s) "flat" on the terrain. Signals, signs, etcetera should be kept vertical, no matter the slope of the terrain. (Very few signals are actually perfectly vertical, so for added realism consider tipping them some direction, but only slightly.)

Thanks also for the kind words.... Don't neglect to have Hank Sundermeyer (Signalmaster) in the expert list too.

Quote Originally Posted by jovet View Post
    I'm a bit confused...why are you advising to do a TDB rebuild after placing signals? Doing a TDB rebuild with any sort of interactives should be avoided.

Also, you do not want to press the N key when placing signals. The N key will make the selected object(s) "flat" on the terrain. Signals, signs, etcetera should be kept vertical, no matter the slope of the terrain. (Very few signals are actually perfectly vertical, so for added realism consider tipping them some direction, but only slightly.)

Thanks also for the kind words.... Don't neglect to have Hank Sundermeyer (Signalmaster) in the expert list too.
    After adding or deleting some signals on an existing route can do strange behaviours of the script - without a rebuild.
    I'm allways rebuilding after modifying a track object.

The N key does not place the signal horizontal but on the ground - so that it isn t floating in the air.

Shame on me that I forgot to mention Signalmaster.

May the signals be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkjesje View Post
    After adding or deleting some signals on an existing route can do strange behaviours of the script - without a rebuild.
    I'm allways rebuilding after modifying a track object.

The N key does not place the signal horizontal but on the ground - so that it isn t floating in the air.

Shame on me that I forgot to mention Signalmaster.

May the signals be with you.
    #1 NO! Only if your signal script is horribly messed up anyway. A TDB will REMOVE ANY links you may have used with your signaling therefore rendering it useless.

#2 The H key places objects at ground level. However in the case of an offset object, such as linepoles, it is where the center of the object is, which in this case can be 20 m away.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by jovet View Post
    (Very few signals are actually perfectly vertical, so for added realism consider tipping them some direction, but only slightly.).
    The Union Pacific would argue that every single one of their signals are perfectly vertical. It's the earth that's crooked!

Robert