Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Route_Riter v7.5 Beta - With Consist Editor

Default Route_Riter v7.5 Beta - With Consist Editor

As Joe has announced that he is finished with Conbuilder, several users have asked if I could add a consist editor to Route_Riter. To this end, I have put together a beta version of RR (which also includes the latest TsUtil v3.4.05), with a Consist Editor on the Activities\Stock tab.

To provide pictures of all the items in a consist, you need to use RR to produce thumbnails of all your stock.

This version has had some testing done and worked for some users and not for others, so I need some more testers for it. Anyone with an existing installation of RR v7.xx is welcome to download the beta from http://www.rstools.info/Downloads/Route_Riter.zip - Please unzip it to a temporary folder and read the various readme and .pdf files before starting.

Please advise any bugs/comments/suggestions

Mike

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSimpson View Post
    As Joe has announced that he is finished with Conbuilder, several users have asked if I could add a consist editor to Route_Riter. To this end, I have put together a beta version of RR (which also includes the latest TsUtil v3.4.05), with a Consist Editor on the Activities\Stock tab.

To provide pictures of all the items in a consist, you need to use RR to produce thumbnails of all your stock.

This version has had some testing done and worked for some users and not for others, so I need some more testers for it. Anyone with an existing installation of RR v7.xx is welcome to download the beta from http://www.rstools.info/Downloads/Route_Riter.zip - Please unzip it to a temporary folder and read the various readme and .pdf files before starting.

Please advise any bugs/comments/suggestions

Mike
    Mike, I installed and attempted to run the consist editor. I got an error ---------------------------
    Route_Riter
    ---------------------------
    Component 'vsflex8l.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid occurred in Command144_click
    OK
    I found that one and one with an .oca extension in the zip file. Copied both to my RR directory. Tried it again and got this error
    Route_Riter
    Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument
    OK

It does not run.
    Thanks in Advance! Sincerely,
    Joseph "Joe" Anthony Marchetti

Please visit my LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephamarchetti and recommend me. Suggestions welcomed!

Nicely done. It mostly works for me (XP/Home SP3).

The only gotchas I see so far are:

The picture of some engines or wagons displayed in the upper right window is shifted down (and perhaps to the right as well, I'm not sure) such that only the top of it is displayed (or maybe it's the top front). Not all pictures are this way and I don't know how to tell you what the differences might be. The pictures of the engines/wagons shown in a consist in the 8 windows on the bottom are correctly centered and displayed even if they are not correct in the upper window. For this first test I was just examining the stock in my Feather River mini-route. Long ago I had previously used RR to install jpgs of all the stock into the trainset folder so I believe all the jpegs are of the same flavor.

If I add a wagon or engine to a consist (I just put one on the end of an existing consist), then delete it (right click, select delete item; it disappears from the window), then add another engine or wagon in presumably the same place, it re-inserts the engine/wagon I previously deleted then adds the new one to the end. Delete both new items and add another, and it adds both the two deleted items back as well as the new one.
    Dave

Mike D/Ling and will try it out and feed back to it will be posted here for you.
    Work Safe play hard

For Joe,

You can copy the vsflex8l.ocx to your Windows\System32 folder and from the Desktop/Start/Run box enter

regsvr32.exe vsflex8l.ocx

Then click on OK to register the .ocx file if necessary (however if it is in the Route_riter folder it should not need to be registered, depends on your operating system).

I note you say in your email that you found the vsflex files in your zip file and copied them to the Route_riter folder. If you read the RR_Readme.txt it does tell you to unzip the whole lot into your RR folder, so you may have missed something else if you did not copy everything in.

Mike

For Dave,

Thanks for that, I also noticed the glitch if you delete the last item then add another one, I will have a look at that today.

I am printing off all the reports and will go through them and fix things as they appear.

Mike

Mike,

Would it be possible to use Paul Gausden's trainlib.ocx (http://www31.brinkster.com/decapod/trainlib.zip) the way Train Store does to view rolling stock and consists?
    Regards,

Eric

Carl-Heinz has just advised me that there is a bug in this latest TsUtil version which might occur while uncompressing/compressing .w files.

I have fixed the Route_Riter archive on my site, and also uploaded the new version of TsUtil on my site, so anyone who downloaded the RR beta on 13th October is advised they should replace the TsUtils files with the copy now on my site at http://www.rstools.info/Downloads/TSUtil.zip

Mike

Hi Eric,

I do not know what Train Store does as I do not use it, however Paul's trainlib.ocx is used in Route_Riter
    1. To produce the thumbnails
    2. To give the 3D display when you click the Show in 3D button on the Consist Editor screen.
    3. RR also includes a full consist viewer using trainlib.ocx on the Graphics tab, however I will also duplicate this operation so that it can be used on the Consist Editor screen.

Mike

Mike get this on some but not all engs or wags.Followed the instructions to the letter on installing and program opens fine.Only other thing is that SFV gets an error showing to view in 3D.I thought I had taken a screenshot of it but guess not so will do so and add or send you in an e mail.

Work Safe play hard