Thread: Switching between tracks?

Question Switching between tracks?

How do I create switches between two tracks?
    - NYCTRAINZ95
    PM me if you need station signs made for a route!

Bad news: it's more difficult than you'd think it would be.

Good news: there are plenty of people around here who have extensive experience with route building.

The short version is that you have to open the route in the MSTS editors and tools and manually delete a couple of sections of track, then select the appropriate turnout and put it down. If there are signals governing the route, you'd of course have to add the signals and get them set up for the appropriate paths.

Unfortunately, the MSTS suite of files isn't all that user friendly--especially for a new user. Your best bet would be to ask the route guys how to start a new test route for yourself so that you can get used to the process. When you go messing with existing routes, even deleting one or two things can potentially cause big problems.

I'm not a route guy myself, so that's about as much as I can help. You might google Rich Garber, as I think he has written quite a lot about route creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeTyner View Post
    You might google Rich Garber, as I think he has written quite a lot about route creation.
    This is the guy who's Guide can help: http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/mv...MSTSguide.html

O t t o