Thread: Problems with saving scenario.

Default Problems with saving scenario.

Hey guys, sorry to bother you guys with a noob question. I accidentally posted in the RS section so now I already feel dumb. I would like to take the Free Roam scenario at SB-Barstow and add a few locomotives that I downloaded off this site to a few sides along the way and add a few more cars at some sides along the play to pick up and drop off.

I figured out how to work all the buttons, add stuff in, how to name the folders so that my downloaded cars and engines show up in the game. I am just having trouble figuring out how to save. I had everything set up earlier, then I went to switch back from the scenario mode and EVERYTHING was wiped away. I have no idea what I did.

F2 should save, read this;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=268225

Make sure you're CLOSE to the new scenario marker you placed and double click on it if you don't have the right side flyout. What I generally do;

Type something in the name box, add one engine and attach a driver icon to that, then hit F2 to save before the little brat has a chance to forget what I typed in the name box. After that I can always edit again to add more stuff to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (97.1 KB, 33 views)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    F2 should save, read this;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=268225

Make sure you're CLOSE to the new scenario marker you placed and double click on it if you don't have the right side flyout. What I generally do;

Type something in the name box, add one engine and attach a driver icon to that, then hit F2 to save before the little brat has a chance to forget what I typed in the name box. After that I can always edit again to add more stuff to it.
    I read the tutorial, it was very helpful, but F2 isn't doing anything for me (or wasn't) I will try again after I study a bit for school.

Talking Pending actions

Problem there is when you do something like placing a train on the track, the tool readies the next one in anticipation that you're going to place another. For most tools you need to click the right mouse button to cancel the pending action before it will pay any attention to other commands like F2 to save. One of them things that ain't documented because they assume everyone already knows that.