Thread: Steam & shift-tab

Angry Steam & shift-tab

I may be the only one bothered by this, but in any case I think it says something about Steam as a vehicle for updates (Otto take note!) In order obtain permission to reverse through a red signal the standard key command is shift-tab. Give it a try and you will get permission, but first Steam will overlay a communication page. I'm steamed - wouldn't you think they would find a key press that isn't all ready facilitated.

Default Try this

When in Steam, go to File -> Settings. Once there, click on the 'In-Game' tab and deselect 'Enable Steam Community In Game'. If that doesn't work then you can change the short-cut keys to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rat131 View Post
    When in Steam, go to File -> Settings. Once there, click on the 'In-Game' tab and deselect 'Enable Steam Community In Game'. If that doesn't work then you can change the short-cut keys to something else.

What he said ^^

Default thanks

Thanks for the fix, but the point I was trying to make was - Steam failed to avoid the conflict,, when many other key presses were available.

This not a "Steam" problem, it's barely a RS.com problem either. A very simple and minor oversight in Railworks development on the Steam platform for the default key assignments that was carried over from Kuju and RS.

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    This not a "Steam" problem, it's barely a RS.com problem either. A very simple and minor oversight in Railworks development on the Steam platform for the default key assignments that was carried over from Kuju and RS.
    I'm afraid I disagree with your statement that this is barely a RS.com problem. While I'm not conversant with the specifics of the developer to Steam contract, the Shift-tab key press is a standard in Steam. Since this convention remains the same for every Steam game, I suspect RW.com either was unaware of this or did not pay attention to the specifics of the Steam related keys.

In my opinion, this makes it a RW.com issue to correct. Asking the Steam user to change the default key press for the Steam Community could potentially affect a large number of games. It is quite unreasonable to require the user to change this setting. That would be akin to a game or program using the Windows key (on a Microsoft OS) for something when the default is the Windows Start menu.

Hopefully, it will be easy for RS.com to either allow the gamer to change this key press, or to change it to something else.

But its not that hard to just disable the Steam community ingame or just change the keys...

Default Not hard

Not Hard but not nessasery either if they paid attention to ingame controls and to that of out of game applications

its not so much the point have to disable it but having to put it back every time when using another game ( If needed ) is quite anoying.