Thread: Not even a blueprint

Unhappy Not even a blueprint

Hi mates!
    I wonder if any of you can give me a lot of help with Railsimulator.
    since I have it i've been trying to migrate the add-ons I've made for MSTS to RW and had no luck whatsoever... there are a million details that the wiki does no cover... etc etc..

recently, I've tried to put my hands in creating a Route....... I read the Wiki.... followed the tutorial precisely... everything!!!!

I can't even have a template working to crete the new route.
    I wont ask what I am doing wrong because i did it exactly has stated in the Rw wiki for creating a template blueprint....
    my question is... what is missing in the wiki? what can I possibly do to have anything at all work on this piece of *+#@ of Software that is driving me mad!!!

btw, what does it mean when i get this message in the blueprinteditor?

Selected c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Source\CPVi rtual\Portugal\TemplateRoutes\Route blueprint000.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\TimeOfDay\Core_Spring.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: KUJU\RailSimulatorCore\TimeOfDay\Core_Summer.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: KUJU\RailSimulatorCore\TimeOfDay\Core_Autumn.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: KUJU\RailSimulatorCore\TimeOfDay\Core_Winter.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: KUJU\RailSimulatorCore\Weather\Default.xml
    Child blueprint from external set - not included in build: KUJU\RailSimulatorCore\Environment\Terrain\EUTextu ring.xml
    Updating...
    If i have no xml files at kuju\railsimulatorcore\timeofday, why does the wiki tells me to put those paths?

Click on New Route and use an existing template.

O t t o

but wont that make the 'physical' space on the same space of that route? I mean... latitude and longitudinal values wont correspond to the real route right?

Quote Originally Posted by ruifonseca View Post
    but wont that make the 'physical' space on the same space of that route? I mean... latitude and longitudinal values wont correspond to the real route right?
    That can be modified, I am not an expert on, but has been done by others.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by ruifonseca View Post
    If i have no xml files at kuju\railsimulatorcore\timeofday, why does the wiki tells me to put those paths?
    Hi Ruifonseca,

The wiki states those details because they are the correct ones. When you say the template doesnt work, what ahppens when you press Export of the blueprint you have setup?

From the sounds of it, you know exactly what you want to do, and are correctly following the details you need.

Have you exported your route blueprint and tried to use it from the Template Route screen in RailWorks?

Regards

Unhappy

ahhhh.... I did not export it !!!!!

Incredible. It works now!!!

I guess i have to do it also with rolling stock and everythign else right???

Thanks folks... This was starting to get frustrating!

Excellent stuff, we look forward to your developing.

Some background info on developing for RailWorks.

There are two 'states' to RailWorks files - Source and Simulator.

In the Asset/Blueprint Editors, everything is in 'Source' mode. This is where things are created, edited, manipulated and so forth.

When you export these files, they transfer to 'Simulator' side/mode. This is when RailWorks starts to use them. Files in Simulator mode cannot be put back into the 'Source' mode/state. It is a one way process only.

It is possible to 'reverse' Simulator files for manual editing to an extent, but technically, these reversed files are not the same as the original source versions, even if they look like it on the surface.

It is advisable only to work in the direction of Source to Simulator. If a problem is found in the Simulator version, return to the Source version, fix the problem and re-export it. This is the way RailWorks has been designed to be used.