Thread: Can't get rid of auto Numbering Railwork?

Default Can't get rid of auto Numbering Railwork?

Can't Seem to get rid of auto Numbering Railworks? works fine in RS
    I tried every I know, to get the Auto Numbering to go away! I replaced the numbers with painted out alpha channels, I took all numbers out of the .dcsv file, I deleted .dcsv, I renamed number the bin files, I also renamed the the Texture bins nothing works? where are the numbers coming from

If you painted out the alpha channels and they still show

either the named texture set is not using those digits or ........
    more likely and not that well known..

Changes that are made to the auto numbering are not applied retrospectively to locomotives already in the game ... try deleting your loco and putting in a new instance .

You may see that your changes have indeed worked.

Alternatively check which textures are being used in the XXXX digits bin which resides in the texture folder.

You may find that it uses a set of number textures placed elsewhere... eg the system folder in some cases.

Sly

Edit
    I have noted problems where more than one engine bin file is in the same asset folder ( this may be a route you are using for a reskin)
    Also it is possible that it is using a texture from the shape viewer ( delete the relevant folder within the shape viewer )
    Last edited by Sly; 10-20-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Additional possible causes

yea I guess I didn't paint out the alpha channels I did now it worked! but got anther problem Railwork SD-40 won't show board numbers put in manually on the skin??? stays black controlled by the alpha channel. I don't get why they didn't leave it the same as RS

I presume this was a UP donor loco?

I have not checked, but there is a chance that each of the primarynumber textures has two different fonts one for the cabside and one for the headboard.
    (This is a common tecnique used a lot to display two different types of lettering )
    If that is so then you will need to alpha blank just the cabside part of each texture.

If they do happen to use the exact same numbers.. one alternative would be to add a child object with the head board numbers.

Cheers

Sly

Wink Numbering, again

Quote Originally Posted by jessiejames2 View Post
    yea I guess I didn't paint out the alpha channels I did now it worked! but got anther problem Railwork SD-40 won't show board numbers put in manually on the skin??? stays black controlled by the alpha channel. I don't get why they didn't leave it the same as RS
    Hi, Jessie,

I'd like to once again voice my preference for simulator-generated engine and car numbers. Maybe I'm the only one who cares, but I find them helpful when writing and running scenarios.