Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not connected to destination?

Question Not connected to destination?

With Sniper daring and double-daring me to write scenarios for the PO&Etc., I decided to get to work. To make the RS to RW transition simple, I thought I'd begin by essentially recreating my first scenario ever, which was called "Huffing Around". So, working in the area now called Pallen, which used to be Huffing, I placed an engine and some tankers, assigned a driver, wrote some consist instructions and saved the whole business.

Up pops the scenario, but it won't run because my designated player engine is "Not connested to destination...". HUH??? I tried various destinations, but kept getting the same error. I consulted the oracle--uh, Wiki--but cannot find anything there.

So, I hope that someone else who has encountered this error can advise me about how to handle it.

Thanks!

Tom Pallen

New one on me, but you could ask Over There, them Redcoats always seem to be ahead of us backward colonists.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewforum.php?f=306

Only thing I found with a quick look is a reference to making the destination and the last instruction the same;

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...?f=306&t=99912

Altho if you browse around a bit you might find something closer, or of course you can register and ask. Brits talk funny saying weird stuff like "bankers" when they mean helpers or "shunting" instead of switching, but they don't bite.

I would have thought that error might relate to perhaps a break in the track / path.

John

Default Forward to the past?

In an effort to clarify (or perhaps muddy) my original question, let me offer further details. Before even starting to put together a scenario at Pallen, I opened the free-roam scenario there and drove around a bit. If there are any missing links among tracks I didn't find them, easily (given past experience) putting together a long string of tankers and hauling them up the grade toward St. Mary's.

That done, I quit the free-roam scenario, reopened it, and placed a new scenario marker and some rolling stock. I also added a siding marker to the track leading to the turntable. Each step along the way, I used F2 to save my work. Finally, I placed an engine on the turntable lead track to which I had just added a siding marker, set up its driver as the player train with a temporary final destination and started adding some instructions. Since I wanted it to begin by picking up a helper from the engine shed, which cannot be accomplished "legally", I started with a trigger instruction. On a roll, I added a couple of consist instructions and then clicked on the big yellow arrow, saved, and.....ka-blooie! A lovely little error message: Engine such and such not connected to destination."

I monkeyed around a bit more and the watch-a-ma-callit crashed a couple of times. So I started this thread, which so far has not produced useful results, but I'm still hoping.

Otto, my intentions have absolutely nothing to do with portals; I haven't gotten that adventurous yet.

Tom Pallen

What happens if you don't start the loco on the turntable ?

John

Default Not on turntable

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Scarlet View Post
    What happens if you don't start the loco on the turntable ?

John
    I am not starting the loco on the turntable. My previous message states, "I placed an engine on the turntable lead track", not the turntable itself.

Tom Pallen

Talking Growf!

You always this cheery on Mondays, or is it the wonderful scenario editor that's making you so giddy? Start with a map;

So we can see where you're talking about and where you wanna go. One thing strikes me looking at this, even with the large turntable only one engine will fit at a time, so to place the player service on the fuel track and require him to back across the turntable to pick up a helper, the only track you could use would be Pallen Enginehouse 3, none of the others have a direct route across the turntable. If all else fails start simpler for your first one, couple two engines back to back for the player service and skip the helper pickup. AFAIK you can only have one player service in a standard scenario anyway, so that kills the idea of jumping from one to another. Even in free roam they disabled the ability to couple one service to another and then uncouple to drive either one independently;

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=267224

Can't do that anymore, after mark 1 whichever service you're driving when you couple onto another service is still a service, the other service is now a pure helper.

EDIT: Otto, just saw your post, he's not TALKING about free roam, he's talking about making a STANDARD SCENARIO, you gotta quit speed reading this stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (53.0 KB, 67 views)

You don't need to use a portal for a destination unless you want the train to vanish, for the player service in a standard scenario you should be able to use any marker type. I haven't fiddled with it that much but I usually use destination markers as both "waypoints" and final destination, since the name itself suggests that's what it should be used for.

Anyway none of that fixes Tom's problem, I thought I'd seen every error message but "not connected to destination" is a new one on me.

Default Good grief!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    This is what he is talking about: That done, I quit the free-roam scenario, reopened it, and placed a new scenario marker and some rolling stock, not saying what type of scenario it is now.

I have demonstrated above how to create a Standard scenario and he replied that he is not yet into Portals !

Perhaps you too should read all of a thread before replying ?

O t t o
    Enough bickering, you two--especially you, dear Otto!

1) I am trying to initiate a standard scenario.

2) Sniper's point about picking up a helper is correct: I placed the helper on Pallen Engine House 3, with the intention of alligning the turntable, pulling across it, and coupling to the helper.

3) I know that the helper will always be just that, but I did think that it would be possible later in the scenario to use CTRL/+ to switch ends with the two engines coupled together.

4) This scenario has absolutely nothing to do with portals!

5) Just in case I had wound up with a bum installation, I uninstalled the route and reinstalled it, but I still get this "not connected to destination" error.

Regards,

Tom Pallen

Default "Bickering"?

Hee-hee, Otto and I have been shooting panzerfausts and flammenwerfers at each other for years, the plot of "Grumpy Old Men" with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau could have been written with us in mind, we'll never change.

Anyway I have enough trouble just trying to get the snotty little brat to do something simple, but I'll take a shot at making a destination or pickup instruction on the other side of a turntable and see if I can duplicate.