Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Creation of Decals for RailWorks + RailSimulator from Google Earth

Default Automatic Creation of Decals for RailWorks + RailSimulator from Google Earth

Hi All,
    I thought I would post a quick link to a UK Train Sim forum thread about a new tool which allows fast and simple creation of decals for RailWorks / Rail Simulator from Google Earth. The thread is rather long so it may be easier to visit www.rwdecal.co.uk where you will find further details and download links.

I won't go into too much detail here but here are the key features.

• Uses Google Earth for decal image information
    • Simple to use
    • Automatic export of decals directly into RailWorks / RailSimulator
    • Create decals in seconds rather than 10 - 20 minutes

I hope some of you find it useful.

I found it usefully screwed up Railworks

I am sorry to see you have an error.

Please could you email me at [email protected] and so I can help you resolve this.

There is very little RWDecal does to any of the RailWorks folders and it can be easily undone if you contact me. No other users have reported any issues like this so this may be a new bug or something unrelated.

Please contact me so I can rsolve this for you.

Probably my mistake.

Works perfect. Gotta enter in my registration info now! Fun!

Last edited by styckx; 11-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Excellent.

I'm glad what ever the problem was is now fixed. Please don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or further issues.

Thanks

Jim

Now, is there something just as simple to collect terrain data for an area you want and apply it to a route you want? This decal app is exactly what I was looking for, easy terrain collecting would compliment this because I have no clue how to do that.

Hey, this is great! The only problem I had was finding the decals in world editor. I tried the free version, now I am going to register and see what that does.

Pete Bauer

For the terrain data is thiss what you are looking for?

http://www.zugware.com/site/products/redem

For US routes I believe you have access to higher quality DEM (terrain) data and this tool supports it and saves a lot of "T" pressing

I have used it for a UK route and it was very labour saving.

No idea how that one works. For newbies, once you start talking about loading route markers, and manually entering positions in.. It's confusing. Hence the reason your near point and click approach is perfect for me. Plus that is for RS, if I remember correctly RW's route markers are named different.

Believe me I am no expert.

The ReDem program simply allows you to create terrain automatically for railworks use DEM data (satellite terrain information).

ReDem also has a free demo version you can play with. Once you have the DEM (or SRTM) data (Railworks Wiki mentions palces you can get it) then you are almost there.

Have a look on the RailWorks Wiki (the info I believe is relevent to RailSimualtor as well) for SRTM data or terrain generation. That should turn something up.

http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki...highlight=srtm

Once you have the terrain data placed in the correct folder of RailWorks / RailSimualtor pressing the T key causes the terrain undernearth the camera to be generated from the satellite data.

All ReDem does is allow you to do this for a whole route rather than just one area at a time (thus saving presses of the T Key)