Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laying track and road

Default laying track and road

Forget i asked
    Last edited by tdwolf; 11-14-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Yep. Check out what GreatNortherner came up with in the Traction forum. Looks fantastic.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=286931

Um how do you lay track in RW?

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    Yep. Check out what GreatNortherner came up with in the Traction forum. Looks fantastic.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=286931
    That is in MSTS which uses a different method of doing that.

I think it's done by lofting a road onto the tracks or vice versa, Sniper knows more about.

There are also some grooved tram tracks somewhere.

Forgot how to stop this stupid Procedural Flora grass showing in places.

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images

Did anyone buy Tim Bransons RoadRails System? It does exactly this. It also has it to where cars stop at crossings and somehow at random makes it onto the track for disastrous results. Keep in mind though this is built form scratch which looks awesome by the way. I think its only $9.99. Its on his site.

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
    Did anyone buy Tim Bransons RoadRails System? It does exactly this. It also has it to where cars stop at crossings and somehow at random makes it onto the track for disastrous results. Keep in mind though this is built form scratch which looks awesome by the way. I think its only $9.99. Its on his site.
    That's the one I think I have seen before.

But Freeware route developers should avoid forcing those who want to run them having you buy whatever it needs, in some cases amounting to more than the Rail Simulator program itself costs !

O t t o

>Forgot how to stop this stupid Procedural Flora grass showing in places.

Hi Otto,

In RailSimulator there was a texture called something like 'Grass with no extra bits' or something like that which you could paint under roads. This does not seem to be in my terrain textures for RailWorks?

Did Jim include this texture in his PO&N pack of texture goodies?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSimpson;1543619I
    In RailSimulator there was a texture called something like 'Grass with no extra bits' or something like that which you could paint under roads. This does not seem to be in my terrain textures for RailWorks?

Did Jim include this texture in his PO&N pack of texture goodies?
    I remember somebody mentioning that once before but have never used it, usually turning Proc.Flora off in routes other than Jim's.

It's floating in tunnel entrances, grows in tracks concrete ties and rails, on concrete surfaces and inside buildings, etc.

One other thing I have not been able to figure yet is how can one remove such flora, like Jim's, in places too dense.

Overpainting it with other terrain does not seem to work.

O t t o

Default I think I know where you're coming from

Quote Originally Posted by tdwolf View Post
    since we have gone off the mark

i will no longer ask the question

thanks anyway
    tdwolf, you can place roads parallel to track using the offset tool. After you have your track laid the way you want it, use the selection tool to select the track you want to have the road beside, then click the offset tool. You should see two lines beside the track. You can then select one and a type of road surface you want beside the road. I beleive there is a fairly decent description in the world editor manual if I got something wrong here.

I hope that was what you were looking for.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rat131 View Post
    tdwolf, you can place roads parallel to track using the offset tool. After you have your track laid the way you want it, use the selection tool to select the track you want to have the road beside, then click the offset tool. You should see two lines beside the track. You can then select one and a type of road surface you want beside the road. I believe there is a fairly decent description in the world editor manual if I got something wrong here.

I hope that was what you were looking for.
    Yes, Mike, that's the way to do it and one can even offset the road so that the tracks are in the middle of it.

Jim Ward and I have been messing with that when he started working on his PO&CM Chicago Elevated tracks, but have forgotten most of it and am sure that he can help Thomas with.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=282423

O t t o
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 11-14-2009 at 08:21 PM.