Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RW- south shore mu's work in progress

Default RW- south shore mu's work in progress

here are some shots
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default and more

another look
    Last edited by nickol; 11-19-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Looks nice so far!

Google sketchup is fun but I can't keep concentrated enough though to finish anything I've started. I'll be in the beginning of following a tutorial, and be like "OOOH A BUTTERFLY" and go start clicking bin files and reading the xml's in notepad.

How do you convert sketch up to RS/RW. Is there a direct file converter, or is it a lengthy process? I might be interested in trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by styckx View Post
    Looks nice so far!

Google sketchup is fun but I can't keep concentrated enough though to finish anything I've started. I'll be in the beginning of following a tutorial, and be like "OOOH A BUTTERFLY" and go start clicking bin files and reading the xml's in notepad.
    ha ha, i know what you mean about disipline i agree, sketchup is so much fun, it's very intuitive. i only wish all programs were this easy! and thanks ")
    Last edited by nickol; 11-19-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bs rr co View Post
    How do you convert sketch up to RS/RW. Is there a direct file converter, or is it a lengthy process? I might be interested in trying it.
    hi, i don't know yet. i got the idea from one of the forums, where a person said they used sketchup and blender for their locomotive. i checked the export file for sketchup. it uses COLLADA 1.4 .dae. blender uses that language (among others) for importing purposes. all i have to do is figure out how to retrieve the file ( it seems to be stuck on "creating files")
    Last edited by nickol; 11-19-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bs rr co View Post
    as mentioned before, sketchup will transfer to blender. blender will transfer over to rs/rw.
    i am playing with blender now to see what transfers from sketchup. i like blender's color fingamajig
    Last edited by nickol; 11-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.

more color still learning!

i checked my blender file & upon clicking import COLLADA 1.4 .dae, it says you need the full python install which is no problem, it can be downloaded from the blender website.

One warning though, when i import 3ds files into blender, all unattached shapes move to the 0 x,y,z point & bunch together into one mess which then have to be moved back to their original position. I do not know if it happans with COLLADA files or not but it might

hey there! i have noticed that the headlight ass'y did not transfer over. look at the above pics. i wonder if they are considered children?