Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not many UP routes?

Default Not many UP routes?

I've been searching for some UP routes to see if its worth my money to buy some UP products or not. But i've had trouble finding them. I see theres a couple like the MLT Cascades crossing and the Cajon pass but their isn't any dedicated UP routes. Does UP have any routes which is mainly run by them.

Also i saw a lot of UP stock requires the SLI UP engine pack which i know is unavailable. Just gets a little annoying cause a lot of the models used have either freeware or other available models which could've been used.

Anyway is anyone making a UP route or can someone suggest a UP mainly route

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

Quote Originally Posted by josh44 View Post
    I've been searching for some UP routes to see if its worth my money to buy some UP products or not. But i've had trouble finding them. I see theres a couple like the MLT Cascades crossing and the Cajon pass but their isn't any dedicated UP routes. Does UP have any routes which is mainly run by them.

Also i saw a lot of UP stock requires the SLI UP engine pack which i know is unavailable. Just gets a little annoying cause a lot of the models used have either freeware or other available models which could've been used.

Anyway is anyone making a UP route or can someone suggest a UP mainly route
    Josh, Do a search under MSTS Routes only for Union Pacific. That will bring up 12 downloads. Eight are for the BNSF Lakeside Subdivision, which has a UP line connecting to it.
    Thanks in Advance! Sincerely,
    Joseph "Joe" Anthony Marchetti

Please visit my LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephamarchetti and recommend me. Suggestions welcomed!

well i've done some searching on other forums and i found a couple at the mophouse. I guess their are a couple out there. I just thought their would be more due to the size of Union Pacifics service i also thought they were popular.

There is the Clinton sub.Im planing to do the spine line, and include all of the UP overland from Fremont NE to Clinton Iowa these are on the back burner of corse untill I get the BNSF mainline done here in Iowa.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

I have a few Union Pacific routes planned, however they are way down on my priority list. Although I plan to include the Union Pacific Tulsa Sub in the BNSF Tulsa area subdivisions.
    Derry Hoggatt

You're kidding right? There may not be a lot of Union Pacific originals but lets take a gander at how many second-hand routes there are for the UP out there listed by their original owner. SP's Donner Pass, Willamette Pass, Cajon Pass, and Tehachapi Pass, WP's 3rd Subdivision (aka: The Feather River Route) DRGW's Rollin's Pass (The Moffat Tunnel route) Soldier Summit, MP's McPherson Sub and of course UP's own Salina Subdivision. UP also makes appearances on other routes such as the Whitefish series of routes... Please, don't tell me there aren't many Union Pacific routes. If you want railroad routes that are lacking, look East. As in East of the Mississippi River...
    Last edited by CRQ5508; 11-21-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    Thom
    <b><font size=1><font color=Navy><a href=http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/CRQ5508/Random%20Stuff/CRQ5508.jpg target=_blank>http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...ff/CRQ5508.jpg</a></font></font></b>
    Norfolk Southern: It looks like Darth Vader on rails to me.

The UP fell from favour in the sim world, as a result of the negative feedback, from their attempting to halt anything ,and everything, that had their logo on it. Look at some old entries in these forums about 5 years ago, to see the level of vitriol from some of our more 'enthusiastic' members, here.

Modellers and repainters had to apply to have licences from Uncle Pete for everything including freeware. Most just went off to greener pastures elsewhere.

And from the sentimental side, there were/still are, those who have a bone to pick with the "Borg" taking over their favourite railroads.

The Salina Sub is a very nice route I run a good bit. I think it is available at Mophouse.

One of these days I'll get North Platte done, all 315 miles of track. (YARD ONLY!!!!) Then people can start making routes from each direction and just maybe we (as a community) can recreate the Trans Con (before BNSF (ATSF)gets done)
    Don't Try to beat me. I DON'T stop on a dime.
    Engineer/Conductor UP RR
    Bailey Yard (World's Largest)
    North Platte,NE

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    The Salina Sub is a very nice route I run a good bit. I think it is available at Mophouse.
    I've been looking for a good UP route, but this is not the answer. I live in Manhattan, KS and I railfan along the UPSS, and this looks hardly like it. I have to use to much imagination and there is some miss placed track, I'd say this looks 25% like the real thing. I still run it though, and may soon modify my own version.
    I have returned to TSing and to TS.com.