Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSTS Updates

Default MSTS Updates

Hello!

This afternoon i were inspired to reinstall MSTS on my new compute, but when im in the process of installing MSTS Bin it says i need to have MSTS version 1.4, anyone have any idea about where to finde that update ? ive been trying to finde it all afternoon but im stuck.

allready tryed those, the file i downloaded and installed didnt help at all, the problem´s still ther.

Did you install the "MSTS v1.2 Train Simulator Update"?
    You could try this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/train....aspx#tsupdate
    You'll want the train update and the tools update.

I do wonder why the one at steam4me is 7 MB. Never used that one myself

thank you but thats only at 1.98 mb and the problems still stands.

http://msts.banal.net/updates.html First file in the list. Install that and you should be good to go.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I had that same problem when I installed MSTS in the new W7 x32 Pro when it was released.

As posted the solution is to install an earlier update, 1.2

Are you using vista? I'm still on XP, but you might need to be logged in as administrator and/or turn off certain security features to install the updates.

Yes im using Vista, and i run all my software as an admin. and ive downloaded and installed all of the stuff from all of the link, and yet, it wont work, either it says i got the latest version or it says it cant be installed becaus its not the correct version..

Quote Originally Posted by marcus92 View Post
    Yes im using Vista, and i run all my software as an admin. and ive downloaded and installed all of the stuff from all of the link, and yet, it wont work, either it says i got the latest version or it says it cant be installed becaus its not the correct version..
    Download this 1.2/1.4 Train.exe from here: http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/msts-do...ember-2001.zip and COPY / PASTE the Train.exe into a MSTS MAIN or MINI Train Simulator folder, overwriting the existing one.

DELETE a MSTSBIN_BACKUP folder if it exists and MSTSBin will install, using it's selected by you options.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by marcus92 View Post
    Is it possible BIN is already installed? Bin will not install over itself.