Thread: Chuff Chuff

Default Chuff Chuff

When I first bought MSTS, I immediately noticed, as many others did, that the chuff-chuff sounds did not properly align with rotation of the driving wheels as they turned faster and faster.

I just installed the Polar Express 2-8-4 package and noticed, that not perfect, how much better this model was at aligning the chuff-chuff to the driving wheels rotation. I thought I would alias the sound to other steam loco's. Unfortunately, an alias for the Polar does not appear in Con Builder.

What determines whether an engine is included as an "Alias", or not, and is there a way to accomplish the transferring of sounds (chuff-chuff) from one engine to another with out using Con Builder?

Thanks

Default Post subject

Hi,Anything in here that will help you.
    http://steam4me.railpage.org.au/trai...ex.html#models
    near the bottom.

Regards

Ron P
    " To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
    Paul Ehrlich

A fairly simple and easy way to bring the chuff more in line with the wheel rotation is to open the sms file and replace all instances of Speed with Variable1.

To get perfect synchronisation you need to know how to make a soundset, and decide on what speeds the chuff rate will change.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thanks Gents. Great wealth of info in the link Ron and
    Mervyn, I copied/pasted the Polar eng sms file to the same location for the SPS700 and it seems to work out fairly nicely. Much better than default.