Thread: Slipping Decals?

Default Slipping Decals?

I have three ground decals thatabut. Unfortunately one or the other of the last two placed in RW will slide along the boundary by about 500ft when I change the viewing angle. The do no seperate but just move vertically or horizontally.
    Regards,
    Dick

Default Elevation?

Is it possible that the decals are at different heights relative to each other. If so they would and should appear to "slide" shen the viewinng angle changes. I am using the decal program to set track on a route that I am building and do not see this effect. So far I have about 25 decals abutting each other in both the x and y direction.
    Jim Friedland

Thumbs up

Big decals don't work due to missing pieces(RW issue). So I now use "chunks" which are pieces of a decal. They have to be laid individually using the "center of the chunk" marker. 15 of these made a nice area. No slipping and the optional auto rotation allowed good alignment to adjacent chunks.
    Regards,
    Dick

Just now ran across what you might be talking about;

Default car park decal, okay on flat ground, but when I slide it over to the berm;

It goes spastic. Haven't looked to see if it does that ingame or not yet, it might be like the tunnel decals which lose the funkadelic edges in the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.1 KB, 44 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (78.7 KB, 44 views)

Decals have problems but not bad enough to stop their use. RW Decals author says that 500x500m is the max size before bad things happen.

I have about a 5 mile route decal'd and DEM'd.

I am sure the big update will take care of it.
    Regards,
    Dick