Thread: error

Default error

I downloaded and installed aar4009.zip followed the instructions to the letter but when i went to make a train set using this new engine it says error opening shape file.I do have the required route installed to use the shape file from.any clues this happens also with 4006 and 4009 too...

G'Day mate, did you copy the required files across and rename them as per the read me.

Move the AAR_sd70mac_4009 folder to your "trainset" folder,
    then copy over the Cabview, loco.ace, sd75ic.ace,and the shape file from the MLT_CN_SD75i_5751 folder into the AAR_sd70mac_4009 folder,
    then rename the shape file MLT_CN_SD75i_5751 to AAR_SD70MAC_4009

I just installed it and no problems at all.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Sydney
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by comlink View Post
    I do have the required route installed to use the shape file from.
    The above seems to answer that question.
    Regards,

Eric

Default error

Yes i do have the route installed and followed everything to the letter but still get the error regarding the shape file from this.it is a shame i really like to have this engine in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by comlink View Post
    Yes i do have the route installed and followed everything to the letter but still get the error regarding the shape file from this.it is a shame i really like to have this engine in my collection.
    Can you give the exact text of the error.

Jan
    Greetings from Holland

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

I generally find that error caused by a missing .sd file...

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by FreeGreenCab View Post
    Can you give the exact text of the error.

Jan
    Failed to open shape file:Trains\Trainset\ARR_SD70MAC_4009\AAR_SD70MAC_ 4009.s is the error message im getting

Failed to open shape file:Trains\Trainset\ARR_SD70MAC_4009\AAR_SD70MAC_ 4009.s is the error message im getting

Hi Comlink,

two possibilities:

a) Either something went wrong in the installation process, e.g. you inadvertedly made a minor, but crucial typo when renaming the .s file (such as what looks like a blank between SD70MAC_ and 4009, when the file name should actually be AAR_SD70MAC_4009 without any blanks)?

b) the shape file or one of the associated items such as the .sd file, the reference to the .s in the .eng file etc. has an error. Two narrow it down:

- Can you open the shape in ShapeViewer?
    - Does Archibald report any errors in the shape?
    - Does ConBuilder report a problem with the .eng or .sd file?

Hope sth. helps. I've got the 4004, 4006 and 4009 running in my installation for quite a while already, so it should basically be ok...
    Lukas a.k.a. Swissie

10. Default

Are you sure you named the CN SD75i .s file "AAR_SD70MAC_ 4009.s"? You need to rename that file besides copying it over.

Just checking...
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show