Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSTS Intallionation Error?

Default MSTS Intallionation Error?

When I try to Install MSTS I make it to 21%, but then it will say "Abort,Retry,Ignore" the message says "blah,blah............Make sure you Hard Disk is not Full and the File is not in use?"
    First of all the last time I played MSTS was 2 years ago, and 6 months ago I got my computer all red-on so its brand new (Well I have some programs on it)
    And now my Hard Disk, I am figuring it's this because people complained about it, but I don't know the solution, I have 11Gb on my local hard drive.
    Is it because when I put my CD in, I always put them in the DVD Rom, but that shouldn't do anything, right?

Need more info; What is your Operating System? What is the 'file' it says is in use? How much RAM? Processor Type and Speed? Anti-Virus software?
    Steven

Operating System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Specs:
    Intel(R)
    Pentuim(R) 4 CPU 2.20GHz
    2.19GHz, 512 mb of Ram (I added more ram, now I have 11GB of Ram)

It mostly says the .wav files are in use,.

I use AVG for anti-virus
    Last edited by EvanA; 12-12-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanA View Post
    When I try to Install MSTS I make it to 21%, but then it will say "Abort,Retry,Ignore" the message says "blah,blah............Make sure you Hard Disk is not Full and the File is not in use?"
    First of all the last time I played MSTS was 2 years ago, and 6 months ago I got my computer all red-on so its brand new (Well I have some programs on it)
    And now my Hard Disk, I am figuring it's this because people complained about it, but I don't know the solution, I have 11Gb on my local hard drive.
    Is it because when I put my CD in, I always put them in the DVD Rom, but that shouldn't do anything, right?
    I have had a similar problem and found the cause to be dirty installation discs. Here is how I solved the problem. Clean both MSTS installation discs, being very careful not to scratch or damage them, and then try the install again. Another item I have found useful for MSTS reinstalls is to delete any Train Simulator folder. This is located on the drive where you attempted the install in Programs > Microsoft Games.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

Yea I right now am doing a full clean scan of my Hard Drive, and I found tons of Train Simulator files, so once the scan is done I will delete all those files permanlty, then re-install MSTS, I will reply back to tell you what happen.

Nope didn't Work, PLEASE HELP ME

I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!
    It always does the Hard disk may be full when it is NOT, and the file is in use, I delete all the folders, It always happens at this directory
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\scotsman\sound\ ___.wav

See this is what pops-up every minute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Come on please help!

Default To Diagnose the problem some testing is required.

You say it's a new computer so probably the new HD is okay but to make sure run a defragment on the drive. If there is a hard disk problem the defrag program will alert you if there is a problem.

Assuming the hard drive checks out okay there are two possibilities:
    1. The CD is bad.
    2. The drive you are trying to read it on is bad.

Carefully inspect the problem CD. Any scratches? Cracks? Abrasions? Fingerprints? Slime, vomit or snot?
    If it looks perfectly clean then you may have a bad CD/DVD drive.

Another thing; The new computers sound card. You didn't mention what it has.
    This is important for MSTS which doesn't much care for on-board sound.

And finally: You say you added 11 GB of RAM. Sorry but that's impossible!
    Did you drop a decimal point somewhere? Like 1.1GB is more likely, but 11GB? No way.

Oh, and disable the AVG Antivirus when installing MSTS.
    Last edited by Vince; 12-12-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"