Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rw italia

FANTASTIC, Giovanni !

Looks like you and the team have come a long way since the Italian Alps !

This route will be appreciated by us European trains lovers and US ones who are missing US passenger routes like the NEC !

Can't wait to get my hands on it !

Wishing you and the team a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to come !

Take care and Ciao, O t t o.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    This route will be appreciated by us European trains lovers and US ones who are missing US passenger routes like the NEC !
    You hit the nail on the head right here Otto.

I was watching that video and kept thinking to myself "This is what Railworks is missing". I actually felt like I was railfanning watching that video. Dare I say it looks liked a real rail operation and not just fake trains zipping around a fake world.

wow! as usual, pure genius!

Default no words

just perfect
    Albert

Default FAO Sniper

Had another look at that video and it seems that they have used custom tracks, the double-slips looking perfect and the sounds are terrific !

Looking forward to checking all they have managed to achieve in RW, RS.com should pay them for, routes like this one increasing demand for RW !

O t t o

Wink perfection ... or chaos?

The video noted here, as well as others from the TrainSim Italia crew, are wonderful examples of skilled simulator film-making. They also set me thinking about the chicken-egg argument regarding whether RW is a game or a simulator, whether it is realistic or not. These short films are not actually realistic: rather, they are idealistic. For example, the one that takes place in the Milan station recreates the station beautifully. And that's where it departs from realism: the beauty, the cleanliness, the order just do not exist. I've traveled into and out of that station many times. Where is all the litter? the grafitti? the bums and loiterers? At least the announcements acknowledge the inevitable delays of Italian trains (although the wording is not precise). The video shows the Milan station as it should be, perhaps as it could be--but that would require putting another nation in charge of it: the Swiss, perhaps the Belgians. And then it would not be Italian anymore, and certainly not Milanese. Congratulations to Giovanni and his cohorts!

Tom Pallen

Man, that looks good....
    http://intrepidappalachian.blogspot.com/

The boost is high, and I am flying low...Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Default Forza RW Italia!

There have been a lot of wonderful routes created for RW so far, but this route is truly stunning and supersedes any (payware) route I have seen thus far in terms of reality.
    As Otto said, and has been said before, RW needed something like this for a long time, NEC, or something similar. This route is more prototypical for European routes than all the other diesel freight ones, how wonderful they may be. The question is as usual who has the talent, time and tenacity to do this. Outstanding!

Cannot wait - agree we needed another European Route as it is a long time since the Alps route which is hard to run in RW for me.