Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Seligman Update 1.1 "Product Not Found"

  1. #11

    Default

    I'm also having the same issue.

    I wonder if the update installer is looking for a different name for the seligman folder?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    544

    Default Best antivirus free or not.

    http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Vi...-10320142.html

    I've been using AVG Free for over seven years. I've never had an infection or any other problems.

    Randy

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatordad View Post
    I'm also having the same issue.

    I wonder if the update installer is looking for a different name for the seligman folder?
    No, because the same installer works here.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  4. #14

    Default

    I don't think this problem has anything to do with av software. I tried a clean MSTS install on my son's laptop which runs Kaspersky and that was disabled before the installs and it still presented the same error message.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Tried extracting files from the Sel_Update1_1 using 7-Zip in a temp directory. It will extract files to Route and Trains but show "File is Broken" errors on four files within the CABVIEW directory.

    The Routes ACTIVITIES, PATHS, SERVICES, and TRAFFIC directories appear okay along with the CONSISTS directory. Unfortunately, replacing these files just changes the error in 4-Local2.act to missing service "Eastbound TOFC2 (Act5_1)" (Note the original service missing was " Eastbound TOFC2 (Act5_2)".

    It appears to me that the Update file contains errors along with still missing service. If anyone has this update installed, could you check the activity 4-Local2.act and see what the last service definition entry is:

    Service_Definition ( "Eastbound TOFC2 (Act5_2)" 39900
    UiD ( 23 )

    Thanks
    Dan

    UPDATE: The 4-Local2.act has an extra entry referenced in the Traffic Act4.trf file that is not present. The error can be cleared by deleting the extra entry (shown above) from the activity. Still would like to understand why the update won't execute - possibly it is not meant for the latest downloaded file.
    Last edited by deagle; 01-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    The updated act 4-Localact2 has Eastbound TOFC2 (Act5_1) as the last service definition. This service does not exist and should be changed to Eastbound TOFC1 (Act5_1) to match the trf file.

    The update is configured to look for the MSTS registry entry, and if the route is not found will put the contents into a folder named Seligman Update 1.1
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Thank you for the information. I am assuming that even after the update executed for you, it still had the missing service? Seems as the update still has problems along with the errors detected when using 7-zip to extract the files.

    I do think that renaming that last service could clear the error but there are 16 service definition entries in the activity but only 15 within the traffic file. Not sure how that works but could see how it might clear the error. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could provide information on that.

    At any rate, it seemed that the update provided nothing that was not present in my downloaded route except some updates for engine and cab files that had errors. Even those may not have been important if they were AI only engine and cab files. Had no missing consists or other errors other than the missing service.

    I'm sure someone here knows much more about this and may provide additional information for those of us that are experiencing this problem...

    Checked and verified the Train Simulator registry entry using regedit and also removed all anti-virus and firewall programs - still get the same problem. It does not appear to be either of those problems.

    Again thanks for your information. At least everything is working and no errors reported.
    Last edited by deagle; 01-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.

  8. #18

    Default A fix!

    I am terribly sorry to drag this old thread up, but I think I found a fix for this problem. The updater is expecting to find the following value in the registry:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stream Lines\Train Simulator\ATSF Seligman]
    "Version"="1.0"

    For whatever reason, the route installer was not able to create this key. You can add this manually yourself and finally run that updater.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->