Thread: WF9 - Sawmill problem

Default WF9 - Sawmill problem

I have been away from Train Sim for a long time but am getting back in. I can usually get my questions answered by the many experienced posters to these forums, but I haven't seen this one.
    When I start the Sawmill activity in Whitefish 9 (which I love the route!), the AI train approaches from the North and stops on the bridge just north of the first switch in Bonners Ferry. It won't budge no matter how long I wait.
    I have run the activity and consists through Route Riter and all check out OK. I have substituted some stock for payware that I don't have. I opened it in the Activity Editor and the AI train chugs right on through about 2 minutes into the activity.
    I have gotten the Pararun and the Somer's Wharf, Kalispell, Lumber and Bonner's Ferry activities to work OK. They are really nice to run (Thanks, SkyRat).
    Has anyone got this activity to work or have any ideas?

Default Additional Info

I had tried this activity on 3 different computers; Acer netbook (Win XP SP3), Lenovo Laptop (1.8 GHz Core 2 duo, 2 GB Ram, Intel 965 Video, Win XP SP2)and ZT (2.67 GHz quad core i7, 12 GB Ram, Nvivia GeForce 8400 GS w/512 MB Video Ram, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit) and got the same results. I guessed that the AI train was stopped at a red light because maybe a switch was lined wrong, but I zoomed in in the yard cam view and the switches looked OK. Then, this morning I tried it again on the ZT and this time I hit the "G" key a couple of times before the AI train got there and it chugged right on through. I re-started the activity again without hitting any keys and it worked again. I tried it 4 times and it worked each time. But, I opened it on the Lenovo and same results; AI train stopped on the bridge and won't budge.
    All of the files are exactly the same on all of the 'puters.
    BTW, I did get through the activity finally. It is very challenging to dodge the red lights at the sawmill. Thank God for the "F2" key.
    Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Thanks,
    Pat

There are occasions where an AI train will stalemate at a signal or switch for reasons unknown to many of us. However, I've used the trick (with some success) about reversing your train several meters to indicate to the AI train that he is to proceed. Often, that will release the AI stalemate... but not always.
    RoadMaster259
    "I love steel thunder"
    Blogspot: https://rockymountainsimulations.blo...mulations.html

Default Thank You RoadMaster259

Prior to reading your post today, I first fired it up on the Win 7 machine and it worked fine - seems to do that consistently. I went back to the XP machine and copied the .act, .srv, .pat & .trf files from the Win 7 box to the XP box (they had come from the XP box in the first place). No luck. I tried again and I hit the "7" key and scrolled to the northern limit of the yardcam and waited for the AI train. When it came along, I followed it with the yardcam view and by golly it just chugged right on through, not stopping where it previously did. I re-started the activity and sure enough it stopped in the same place. I re-started it and repeated the yardcam operation, but this time it stopped in the same place. Then I went online and checked the Forum and found your reply, tried it, and IT WORKED. I re-started the activity, waited for the AI train to stop, backed my train up a bit, the AI train came on ahead. That's twice in a row that it worked!
    I will add that to my bag-of-tricks.

Thanks,
    Pat