Thread: Raildriver and Windows 7

Default Raildriver and Windows 7

Have been all over the forums and also the UKTrainsim forums and still am stumpted as to how to get Raildriver up and running with Windows 7. Yes I know that the PI site says that there is no support, but I have found references to running Raildriver with Vista and it too is unsupported. Anyone know of a fix?

Never saw Vista or Win7, but my experience with their software is that the launcher is screwy. What I did was changed the target, instead of using RailDriverLauncher.exe I use RDMWII.exe.

May I inquire as to what is RDMWII.exe ?

Bill

Software interface driver for the Raildriver console:

http://raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php

The launcher is supposed to start and activate RDMWII.exe but even in Windows XP it don't always work right, so I use a direct shortcut to the executable instead of the launcher.

Ok Jim,
    I'm still in learning mode. Thats part of rail driver then. If I want to do the same thing but don't have RD, what should the SC point too. I get a regular crash on start -up using that little button in window. And is there anything you guys are using such as special commands in the short cut ?

Bill
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Default Eh?

If you don't have Raildriver, then the shortcut shouldn't point to anything since you have no need for it. If you have a Thrustmaster joystick you wouldn't need software drivers for a Saitek joystick, if you have no joystick at all then you don't need either one.

Ok, so I have to use the button on the bottom of the little screen to launch
    then. I was thinking maybe one of the other exe would do it without opening that little window.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jimbf View Post
    Have been all over the forums and also the UKTrainsim forums and still am stumpted as to how to get Raildriver up and running with Windows 7. Yes I know that the PI site says that there is no support, but I have found references to running Raildriver with Vista and it too is unsupported. Anyone know of a fix?
    If your Windows 7 is the 64-Bit version, there are presently no 64-Bit drivers for RD. I inquired with their support division and they claim to be in the process of developing the appropriate 64-Bit drivers for Vista and Win 7 to run with RailWorks and other modern rail sims. How long we'll have to wait for these remains to be seen.
    RoadMaster259
    "I love steel thunder"
    Blogspot: https://rockymountainsimulations.blo...mulations.html

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Software interface driver for the Raildriver console:

http://raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php

The launcher is supposed to start and activate RDMWII.exe but even in Windows XP it don't always work right, so I use a direct shortcut to the executable instead of the launcher.
    Where is the launcher on the Rd WEBSITE? Thanks.
    Come visit us in Bellingham Washington
    www.bellinghamrailwaymuseum.org
    A small museum showing the railroad history of Whatcom County.

At the top of this page:

http://www.raildriver.com/support/downloads.php

you will find the installation files. If you don't run both RS and RW, then I recommend you don't use the launcher - just run RDMWII.exe so that is sits in the systray. Then run RW.

Andy